POST GAME [Round 7, 2024] Broncos vs Raiders

I expected us to get over the loss of farnworth, paliasia and flegler by the end of the season but seriously 2 or 3 more games from jensen, cobbo and willison like they have, with continued development of te kura we will actually be a stronger team by mid year. Insane and the credit has to go to the coaching staff as much as the talent itself.
We are missing capewell but only because piakura has not been on the field at all, if he was I think it would have taken about 3 games to improve on our position there.

Big fan of willison and tekura so far but I think people are forgetting just how good payne haas is.

This is a bloke who has won 5 poty in a row at our club... in 6 years of first grade with the 1st year injury effected. His 1st poty was when he was 2 years younger then willison is now. He's a generational player.

Having said that... I do think we could keep any 2/3 of haas, Te kura and willison and still be premiership contenders if the latter 2 continue their development. I also think if it's a choice between them 2 or just haas, we go them 2, again if they continue the same trajectory they have been.

So whilst I agree it should and could be an option, there's SHITLOADS of development and consistency to go until they decrease haas' worth to our team.

Your last part is why i said we need to look at how they keep developing. Saying that though, its again all going to depend on what they can earn elsewhere. Always one team willing to throw stupid money at players.

439893287 835593655268349 216547859997838338 n

I have learnt my lesson don't eat hot dogs from Suncorp Stadium. Guess who fell sick and woke up with a massive headache

I think my biggest takeaway from the last few weeks is Walsh, Ezra and Patty taking ownership of the attack without Reynolds... it's a good sign for when we are post Reynolds.

I also liked Walsh kicking last night.. he has a massive boot on him and it's a good option with him lined up on the left... might be able to catch the fullback out of position.

Ezra had some nice kicks as well ... nice little cross field kick for the Riki try was right on the spot and the bomb that landed right on the goal line and created a drop out

That Arthars no try in the second half. That one interests me.

Now I'm happy for that to be a no try, but the more I look at it, I don't see how that doesn't fall under the current interpretation of the grounding rule.

The ball is on the ground when his elbow makes contact with it, is the elbow classed as part of the forearm? Badger ruled it a knock on so she thinks that he's made contact with the ball.

For the ball to be deemed grounded, pressure must be applied by the player’s fingers, hand, wrist, forearm or torso so as to create a reasonable influence on the plane of the ball including the spin, rotation, momentum or bounce.

As to create a reasonable influence on the plane of the ball including the spin, rotation, momentum or bounce.

The ball is bouncing and when his elbow makes contact with it, the ball stops so according to the above interpretation of downward pressure, he's applied sufficient downward pressure with a ball that's on the ground when he makes contact with it.

Like I said, I'm happy for it to be no try, but I think technically that was a try and I don't see how the bunker could say knock on.

That Arthars no try in the second half. That one interests me.

Now I'm happy for that to be a no try, but the more I look at it, I don't see how that doesn't fall under the current interpretation of the grounding rule.

The ball is on the ground when his elbow makes contact with it, is the elbow classed as part of the forearm? Badger ruled it a knock on so she thinks that he's made contact with the ball.

As to create a reasonable influence on the plane of the ball including the spin, rotation, momentum or bounce.

View attachment 27372

The ball is bouncing and when his elbow makes contact with it, the ball stops so according to the above interpretation of downward pressure, he's applied sufficient downward pressure with a ball that's on the ground when he makes contact with it.

Like I said, I'm happy for it to be no try, but I think technically that was a try and I don't see how the bunker could say knock on.
I was saying that to the Mrs. If he was able to knock it on with his forearms then surely he can ground it with them. Try

There was never any pressure, and stepping through the replay on Kayo it's kind of between frames but it very much looks like Arthars' arm touches the ball while it's still in the air. Absolutely not a try and I'd be filthy if that was awarded against us.

It isn't a try, it shouldn't be a try and none of those should be, I am sick of the NRL administration continuing to ruin this game with such dumb loose interpretation introductions.

While I agree with all of that ... however, since, it has been frequently ruled a try since they change the rules (or at least interpretation), it should have also been ruled a try last night.

Great night. Beers on Caxton st. Amazing first half. Expected what I saw 2nd half. Weather was so bad.

Walsh taking a high hit to the bottom lip/chin going through for that try….. No one’s mentioned that.

Mam careless late on with two intercept passes, great team ethic to stop those from turning into points.

Not a lot to complain about, but an awful lot to be proud of.

Go the mighty Broncos.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • ozzball
  • LittleDavey
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Mustafur
  • Harry Sack
  • pennywisealfie
  • kman
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Waynesaurus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.