Round 9 - Cowboys v Broncos - Post-Match Discussion

Does anybody else feel this game might force some changes

No. Because Griffin is a dickhead and the club doesn't give a rats that it's sinking into mediocrity.

I love the Broncos, but I'm out until the sack Griffin. I refuse to support this present group.
I just can't handle what they've done to the club.

Have a merry rest of the season guys, see you (maybe) in 2015.

What the f*** was that! We did not even deserve to get as close as we did. No excuses this time the cowboys made us look silly. Absolute disgrace with over running plays and thurston made our ruck look like that of an u20's team

kennedy what played 20min for what! Hannant is a far better player

reed just go your In folau or k hunt's spot

and the fact we have to resort to hodges been back at fullback in the last bit of the game even though we have 2 fullbacks in the team is very worrying

Copley played well and Ben hunt did brilliantly for a young halfback

Outstanding players:

Hunt, McCullough, Barba, Glenn & Copely, Hodges (after 60th minute)

Good players: Parker, McGuire, Oates, Kennedy (when he was on), Hoffman

Mixed bag: Gillett, Wallace, Reed

Ok/Ordinary: Vidot, Lowrie, Hala,

if we miss out on signing k hunt because dip shit griffin upgrades reed and hoffmans contracts, then i'm abandoning ship

Snakes and ladders.

Brisbane have gone from 6th and have now slipped to 12th. The pressure is on and with Origin fast approaching, the club is going to have to come up with the right answers.

I had to make sure I was watching the right game, it felt like I was watching the ANZAC game again. Blown off the park in the initial stages only to fight our way back into it. If the Broncos had have made the most of their opportunities, I believe it would have been a near replica.

As a fan, I just feel really frustrated for the likes of Ben Hunt, Andrew McCullough & Corey Parker. I feel these three are constantly giving their all each game and they're being let down by simple errors or lapses in the defence.

I know it's cliche, but defence is all about attitude and there were too many occasions were the Broncos heads would drop and concede way too many easy metres and give the Cowboys a golden opportunity. It's unacceptable for a football organisation like the Broncos and surely changes have to be made.

I will speculate on changes for the Round 10 thread but right now I feel it's important to identify the issues that emerged tonight and that have been apart of all our performances thus far.

Hala for hannant! Hala did not do any better hit ups than hannant could and his tackling technique is awful and the reason he is injured.....again!

Last edited:
the only thing certain from this is that there will be no changes for next week. hook only changes for the worse. our best performace was against the knights because we had the right balance of squad, so what does hook do? drops our best bench players. McCullough is better this year but still isn't an 80 min player, he needs granville. we came back from 14-0 down against souths because josh hoffman wasn't there killing every attack by not passing.

god this team sucks and it all comes from the coach. please sack griffin and the rest will sort itself out

I know it's the thing at the moment to bag Hoffman, but I thought he had his best game in the 6. If Gillett doesn't get held up he has a try assist, and passed more than I've seen him before.

The Cowboys just played harder and better and came out with a deserving win. Dropped balls, weak defence through the middle and a poor start hurt us badly.

Tim Gilbert is a terrible commentator but I would much rather him then Hadley any day.

Press conference is going to be a doozy ...

if we miss out on signing k hunt because dip **** griffin upgrades reed and hoffmans contracts, then i'm abandoning ship

Don't forget the life jacket. Could be wrong but am pretty sure Reed is here till the end of 2016.

We were lucky to even get that close.

We don't even look capable of doing the simple things, our marker defense is lazy, our line speed in defense is almost non-existent and our kick chase is all over the place like a dogs breakfast.

Fark knows what happens at training all week, there is just no cohesion, fluency or any sense of coordination in anything.

I know it's the thing at the moment to bag Hoffman, but I thought he had his best game in the 6. If Gillett doesn't get held up he has a try assist, and passed more than I've seen him before.

one pass more than usual

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.