Round 9 - Cowboys v Broncos - Post-Match Discussion

Somewhere Hennant is laughing so hard, he just peed his pants. Let me get this right.... Coach sloth sent down a state of origin/rep player and kept Sponge Bob Kennedy on side who incidentally played 20 minutes. Do you think Ben Hennant may have been just a bit helpful in stopping Scott from walking through the middle of the field at absolute will. Enough is enough.

Fucking dropped balls. If that's what Hannant was demoted for, we'll have a whole new fucking 17 next week. Unforgivable.

On a side note, am I the only fucking person who can spot a forward pass? Just like earlier this year, Thurston passes to a player who's already through the fucking defensive line, for a try. It fucking goes more forward than it does sideways! The commentators are too busy fucking gushing, but there is no fucking way in the universe that it wasn't fucking forward.

Our game has turned in yawnion in the forward pass department. Ridiculous. Still never seen anybody throw more forward passes than Robbie Farah.

No. Because Griffin is a dickhead and the club doesn't give a rats that it's sinking into mediocrity.

I love the Broncos, but I'm out until the sack Griffin. I refuse to support this present group.
I just can't handle what they've done to the club.

Have a merry rest of the season guys, see you (maybe) in 2015.

Goodbye then?

I absolutely love rugby league and the Broncos. The week leadind upto the game displayed the controversy plagued by our team over the past couple of years. I will never support another team but I am so dissapointed with the current status. Hannant was pushing towards the QLD team last game and with Griffens poor support has muffled his chances. To the common fan Griffen lost his respect some time ago however maintains his reign. I am a Central Queensland person and know both Griffen and White and cannot support their reign and further. Please do the best for our team and fall on the sword. The Broncos deserve it.

Barba - Looked good all night, when he is given free reign, this team will fly.
Vidot - Not as great as he has been but that doesn't mean not very good, could come into origin calculations.
Reed - great intercept, everything else was absolutely woeful, that drop was unforgivable, Simsesque.
Hodges - Tried hard but fairly quiet for his standards, some great try assists.
Copley - Certainly tried but had a shocker, lucky Reed was even worse.
Hoffman - Love the guy's commitment and would make a gun centre.
Hunt - This guy is awesome, if not let down by others, he would have won us that game.
McGuire - Worked hard in the second half but no match for the immense Scott.
McCullough - He is amazing and works brilliantly with Hunt BUT needs to pass in front of Hunt more often ala Hunt's try.
Kennedy - Great first run, dropped it and possibly got abducted, not sighted since.
Glenn - He offers nothing these days, what happened to his line running?
Parker - Poor game by his standards, very good by everyone else's.
Gillett - Always goes to sleep after a rep game. Poor.

Hala - Looked great in his cameo, shame he got injured AGAIN.
Wallace - Couple of errors but overall very good once again.
Oates - Love this kid, if Thaiday is still out next week, I would start him over Glenn. He is just so strong and elusive.
Lowrie - Why did you pick him over Granville, Hook, you're a douche.

The disappointing thing is that we did have players that played quite well but were let down by everyone else. I thought Hunt, McCullogh and Hodges played well but they were let down badly by their teammates. I wish Hodges would inject himself more into the game as he was very quiet in the first half but when he got involved in the second we looked a lot better and he was heavily involved in 2 tries.

Although they are Cowboys I was mightily impressed by the performances of JT and Matt Scott. Thurston played superbly despite taking a head knock and Scott just powered through us like a knife through butter. Their games were everything you want in a playmaker and front rower.

I liked what I saw from Oates and young Wallace again this week - they should stay in the squad IMO. Playing good minutes and generally been very good. I can forgive them one or two ****-ups a game as they're still new to NRL.

How many penalties did we get that game? 1? 2? Rubbish IMO but I'm not about to blame the refs. I do like when they stick the whistle away, but there was some things there that should have been pinged. We could have used the leg-up too.

Sick to death of this shit. Half our team looked like they were on one leg! Hoffy looked injured, Glenn played well but was clearly struggling, etc etc.

Gillette had a fucking shocker. Hard to get up for the Broncs after an international maybe? His head wasn't there tonight. Disappointing.

Barba I was most impressed with. He's getting some speed and confidence back. LOVE seeing that, hopefully we can use him better.

Our forwards were monstered tonight. Could have used Hannant. And Kennedy for more than 20min. Feel for Hala, I'd love to see him come good. I just don't understand Hook's thinking, I really don't. And I've given up trying. How, with the squad we have, are we sitting with more losses than wins?! Fucking ridiculous.

We looked off the pace tonight too...did Corvo give them time off, or work them too hard?? Preparation didn't seem on the ball tonight.

Ugh. Disappointed to the max.

Well hook has really dug himself a hole, how he could honestly pick hala and lowrie in front of hannant is a true sign of how little he knows about coaching and picking the best players available. Now for all the vidot lovers out there, he showed tonight why he has been punted from the raiders and also the dragons. I'll admit he has been ok in the early rounds but the real vidot has shown his true colors tonight. Last but not least, "Alex the pretender Glenn" Surely he has to be moved on, he offers no help to his other forwards coming out of danger and gets stuck in his left edge corridor. Its like hook has said to him if you leave your 10 meter edge you will get an electric shock. Reed is slow and must go also.

As for the positives, parker and mcguire tried there guts out again and hodges and hunt were o'k also.

The major positive was oates, here is a big kid with great defense and punishing ball carrying ability. He needs to come into the starting line up asap and play as many minutes as he can. He is a terrible waste playing 30 minutes off the bench.

Well that was hard to watch, seems to be a repetitive theme this year with Brisbane. The coaching staff must be real happy with their preparation this week. Not sure what coach Griffin is waiting for, perhaps its for Bennett to return to pull the strings. McGuire, Reed, Kennedy and most of all Barba all need time in Qld Cup. It's very clear that coach Griffin can't make the tough decisions.

I feel sorry for Hannant who really has been made the scapegoat for the forwards continual lack lustre performances. Bring on State of Origin I say, at least the team will be free of some of these over paid, over rated first graders and give the young talent in Granville, Kahu, Nikorima and Oates a chance to shine.

Last edited:
I almost stayed home to watch this. Glad I missed it.

barba and hunt are doing all the playmaking, and the one area barba is not making an impact is his kick returns, hoffmans best asset is kick returns. anyone see where im going with this ? if griffin is going to persist with snubbing young halves then at least just move hoffman to fullback in defence, it will get our sets started on the front foot and give barba and hunt more time to work with rather then seeing benny dragged back every time.

barba's best asset at the moment is his ball playing, until he has his blistering speed back we may as well use hoffman as a battering ram and play to both their strengths, rather then them both trying to be something they are currently not.

Well that was hard to watch, seems to be a repetitive theme this year with Brisbane. The coaching staff must be real happy with their preparation this week. Not sure what coach Griffin is waiting for, perhaps its for Bennett to return to pull the strings. McGuire, Reed, Kennedy and most of all Barba all need time in Qld Cup. It's very clear that coach Griffin can't make the tough decisions. I feel sorry for Hannant who really has been made the scapegoat for the forwards continual lack lustre performances. Bring on State of Origin I say, at least the team will be free of some of these over paid, over rated first graders and give the young talent in Granville, Kahu, Nikorima and Oates a chance to shine.

Nothing wrong with McGuire's effort, he's just not as big as most of the props in the game.

Barba had his best game in Broncos colours tonight, and is starting to find his pace and confidence - yet you'd drop him to Q-Cup? And replace him with..?? Please!!

and i say this only because i know griffin wont put hoffman where he really belongs on the wing.

I agree Oates and Wallace as two young guys were solid and deserve their spots

I don't rate Granville as highly as others do but that game was EXACT reason you have a guy like him in your team, give it back to their forwards when they get moment get them going back in defence like macca did on several locations and made 15m out of dummy half several times but playing 80 and tackling so much he can't keep that up

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • Justwin
  • BruiserMk1
  • theshed
  • Maroon4life
  • Mustafur
  • Galah
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • MrMoore
  • cento
  • Santa
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Fitzy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.