Round 9 - Cowboys v Broncos - Post-Match Discussion

Never looked like being our night, they work their way back into the contest and then again make silly errors and come up with ways to lose, the Reed drop ball, Gillett knock on, cant afford to blow the limited opportunities we're getting.

Gillett was pretty lazy on the lui break and didn't really have the best second half.

Barba didn't read JT's short kicking game all that well and always seemed a bit off the pace covering the back, did some good things in attack.

Parker was well handled by the Cowboys and always had men around the ball stopping his offload.

It was the sort of game we are getting too use to losing.

Last edited:
Whilst Glenn, Gillett, Reed, Hoffman etc have automatic first 13 selection clauses clearly written in their contracts - or pics of hook in compromised nocturnal adventures - then broncs will always be flirting with mediocrity. One team in town in one of the biggest league markets on the planet - and now lost 5 of their last 7.

Hunt and macca have really stood up this year I see this as a massive pro to getting this spine working and obviously they have a good combo better than macca's with Wallace

I'd like to say yes, but we talking about Griffin.. He's as weak as water.

Was retarded stuff by Hook taking of Kennedy who was actually playing quite well off in the 20th minute and not putting him back on, and playing McGuire who busted his balls and Hala who is to injury prone and isn't fit enough to be a starter against the Australian front row who monstered us completely.

Hannant would've done far better then what Hala dished up and Kennedy would've been good coming of the bench and playing 15-20 periods.

Our best front row is easily, McGuire and Parker with Hannant or Kennedy replacing them when necessary.

Hodges to 5/8 must surely be considered, he is the only one with a clue, straight swap with Hoff or Copley to centre and Hoff back where he kills it on the wing.

Parker misses kicks under pressure, every week, enough is enough. If you cant score a try upon intercept you should not be a back. Hoffman moves to left center and kahu comes in at 5/8 as soon as he is ready. Im sick of watching this team choke in any game that becomes an arm wrestle. Plus kicking the ball dead in an attacking zone after you have just scored a try and have good momentum is a no go, learn from that mistake Hunt, and keep killing it.

Last edited:
Fark knows what happens at training all week, there is just no cohesion, fluency or any sense of coordination in anything.

Phil Gould said once that teams train how they play. I believe him.

Someone should pat Parker on the back and steal that kicking tee off him

I know it's the thing at the moment to bag Hoffman, but I thought he had his best game in the 6. If Gillett doesn't get held up he has a try assist, and passed more than I've seen him before.

Great post!!

I've been resisting putting this in print because it will mean two coaches sacked in succession .. but enough is enough ... this the worst I've ever felt about this amazing club and Griffin has to go ... I don't know who will fill the void but this just can't go on.

hate to say it but karmichael would be the perfect fit at fullback for this team at the moment

1 karmichael
2 vidot
3 copley
4 hodges
5 hoffman
6 barba
7 hunt

bye bye reed

in this scenario we would have 1 6 and 7 all able to ballplay, with a fullback who is safe as hell and runs the ballback at 100 miles an hour. oh to dream.

if we miss out on signing k hunt because dip shit griffin upgrades reed and hoffmans contracts, then i'm abandoning ship

we wont miss on K Hunt because of Hoffman ... it will be because of Milford and Barba since it has been said he will only come back to league to play fullback or 5/8.

and i'd rather Milford and Barba than Hunt

How about we take a punt on Krisnan Inu. Can kick goals and is faster than reed.

What are everyone's thoughts on Inu? We could ditch Reed and we'd have a quality goal kicker.

All hypothetical of course.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • sooticus
  • theshed
  • Nerd
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
  • simplythebest
  • Wolfie
  • Gaz
  • Organix
  • Tmac
  • mystico
  • broncos4life
  • ell.d33
  • Evander
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • LittleDavey
  • Jazza
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.