Round 9 - Cowboys v Broncos - Post-Match Discussion

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
hate to say it but karmichael would be the perfect fit at fullback for this team at the moment

1 karmichael
2 vidot
3 copley
4 hodges
5 hoffman
6 barba
7 hunt

bye bye reed

in this scenario we would have 1 6 and 7 all able to ballplay, with a fullback who is safe as hell and runs the ballback at 100 miles an hour. oh to dream.

It isn't 2009... Khunt is not the answer... He'll be returning the ball and bounce the fkn thing..

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Do we all agree the buck stops with griffin now and it's time for him to go!

I dunno. I'm tempted to say yes but I would like to see him make some hard decisions. Blind Freddy can see that there are several players in the squad that need a spell in the QCup to fine tune their game and also to restore some respectability to the Broncos jersey.

If he's not capable of doing that then both he and the club need to part ways.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Do we all agree the buck stops with griffin now and it's time for him to go!

we've pretty much all agreed about that point for at least the last year...

the problem is that if he gets sacked mid season Kearney will become the caretaker, i know some people will say it doesn't have to happen, but we live in reality and it will. and i think if Kearney does get to coach us at some point, he will do something no Broncos coach has ever done ... win the wooden spoon.

we would be better of hunting out a new coach (without letting it be known to Griffin), and sacking Griffin late in the year

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
What are everyone's thoughts on Inu? We could ditch Reed and we'd have a quality goal kicker.

All hypothetical of course.

How about we take a punt on Krisnan Inu. Can kick goals and is faster than reed.

**** no ...

we would be much better off, if reed was gone to go with a line up of

1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Maranta (ideally Hoffman though)

Oztintin

Oztintin

May 9, 2014
Absolutely I'd drop Barba, one or two flashes of brilliance in 8 rounds is not good enough for a first grader on the sort of biscuit that he is taking home each week. I'd push Hoffman back to fullback and bring Kahu back in, so Barba can sort out what ever the issue is that he's brought to Brisbane. He a quality player there is no doubt about that, but to suggest he is playing well and had his best game tonight airs delusion. You must have had one eye open, two good runs and just as many kicks, our last line of defence is like a turnstile. Defence is what Morgan put on Gillett.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Was Kennedy injured? if not we played with 15 from the time Hala was injured for no reason ( we know of )

18 tackles 3 runs for 24 mtrs in 20 min, Gillett played 80 for 9 runs and 68 mtrs and 20 tackles

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Was Kennedy injured? if not we played with 15 from the time Hala was injured for no reason ( we know of )

18 tackles 3 runs for 24 mtrs in 20 min, Gillett played 80 for 9 runs and 68 mtrs and 20 tackles

Says it all really. And we played 2 or 3 of the close games we've lost at the death, with a fresh man, unused, on the bench.

WTF?! I just don't get it..

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Gillett was nowhere to be found at the end of that game, and with those ordinary stats the missed tackles and lazy marking etc aren't excusable either.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Says it all really. And we played 2 or 3 of the close games we've lost at the death, with a fresh man, unused, on the bench.

WTF?! I just don't get it..

It's a mystery particularly as Hook has publicly backed Kennedy over Hannant then sits him down after 20. It's just odd and he should explain his reasons to the fans IMO. Kennedy is IMO the only recruit Hook went after, the only one we didn't have a bit of circumstance surrounding their availability and he is, right at this point, shite.

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Save yourselves the time and don't bother with the presser.

In short, we have the right players just aren't quite there yet.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
the only players trying in the last 15 mins were barba, hunt and hodges. the rest didn't know what was going on. we will miss the finals again this year and i pray to god that we will finally sack hook and his band of non-passers

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

Well he's not wrong.

Right players, wrong coach.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I agree with this. We have the players, just not the plays.

The execution is bad 'cos the space and time of the plays is all wrong.

The tries which should have been scored...

The team is poorly coached strategically, tactically, and most of all, mentally

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Jedhead
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jazza
  • ell.d33
  • Aldo
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • Browny
  • Allo
  • Ozired
  • barker
  • Dony Eliakim
  • phoenix
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.