Should the Broncos renew Hunt's contract

Should the Broncos release Ben Hunt?

• Total voters
Re: Should the Broncos release Ben Hunt?

This is going to be a loooong !!! Off season

Even if Ben Hunt did win us the comp, these threads would still likely be posted.

Last edited:

How is Johnson in similar circumstances? The biggest issue both of our halves have with this team is the lack of go forward from our forward pack. Please don't tell me you think the warriors have a poor forward pack.

Warriors starting forwards average running metres per game for 2016 -

Matulino - 116.8
Hoffman - 110.7
Lillyman - 106.0
Mannering - 90.0
Thompson - 87.9

= 511.4 running metres per game from their starting forwards

Broncos starting forwards average running metres per game for 2016 -

McGuire - 142.3
Parker - 123.9
Glenn - 99.1
Blair - 86.1
Gillett - 80.0

= 531.4 running metres per game from their starting forwards

Tell me again how good the Warriors forward pack was in 2016, please, I love it when people with no clue call me out.

Last edited:

Anybody who wants to lay the faults of our team at the feet of our halves pairing haven't been paying much attention

Warriors starting forwards average running metres per game for 2016 -

Matulino - 116.8
Hoffman - 110.7
Lillyman - 106.0
Mannering - 90.0
Thompson - 87.9

= 511.4 running metres per game from their starting forwards

Broncos starting forwards average running metres per game for 2016 -

McGuire - 142.3
Parker - 123.9
Glenn - 99.1
Blair - 86.1
Gillett - 80.0

= 531.4 running metres per game from their starting forwards

Tell me again how good the Warriors forward pack was in 2016, please, I love it when people with no clue call me out.

Not trying to get into some argument but was just curious is there an avg minutes per game stat?

Not trying to get into some argument but was just curious is there an avg minutes per game stat?

I'm glad you asked, those 5 Warriors forwards I listed play an average of 333.7 minutes between them per game, whilst the 5 Broncos I listed only play 307.0 minutes between them per game, so our starting forward pack plays 25 less minutes on average yet makes 20 extra metres per game on average.

I believe that's what we call "Conclusive evidence" that the Warriors forward pack sucks ass and Shaun Johnson has similar circumstances to Ben Hunt, if not worse.

Hunt 2016 ~ 26 games played - 7 tries, 21 try assists, 12 line-breaks, 15 line-break assists, 1,442 run metres.
Johnson 2016 ~ 24 games played - 10 tries, 18 try assists, 15 line-breaks, 24 line-break assists, 1,610 run metres.

Man Johnson has some crazy stats for someone who only plays 7 minutes a game xD Imagine if he had a better coach, better attacking system, better Five-Eighth & better Fullback alongside him.. He'd nearly be better than Ben Hunt!

Any stats on who kicked the ball touch in goal more times in a season ?...that would be a bloody close one.

Any stats on who kicked the ball touch in goal more times in a season ?...that would be a bloody close one.

Nah unfortunately not haha, I tried to find a stat for forced goal line drop-outs etc, but couldn't find anything.

Nah unfortunately not haha, I tried to find a stat for forced goal line drop-outs etc, but couldn't find anything.

A bit off topic but me and a mate would have a $20 punt against each other on who would have more dummy half runs in a broncos cowboys Suncorp derby between Hodgo and tate. In 5 years there was never more than one run in it. Normal score was 9 - 8 in either players favour

Just think it is because some people don't think Hunt is the right fit for halfback for the current team, but there is no other player on the market that offers the necessary skills to fit their requirements for halfback (better than Ben Hunt).

Therefor they think that Hunt should be kept, at least in the short term, until a better option arises.

The Broncos can't keep updating Hunt's contract in yearly installments, they've got to commit now.

Either there's better options, or there isn't.

Just think it is because some people don't think Hunt is the right fit for halfback for the current team, but there is no other player on the market that offers the necessary skills to fit their requirements for halfback (better than Ben Hunt).

Therefor they think that Hunt should be kept, at least in the short term, until a better option arises.
Exactly

The Broncos can't keep updating Hunt's contract in yearly installments, they've got to commit now.

Either there's better options, or there isn't.
The Broncos don't have to commit to anything, on the contrary. Yearly instalments it should be until one of two things happens:

- Hunt delivers the performance expected from a halfback consistently.
- A better player becomes available.

There's no way a young father like him would ever agree to a deal like that.

3 years or bust.

Unread

Active Now

• Astro
  • broncos4life
  • Manlyman
  • MrTickyMcG
  • sooticus
  • Tim K
  • Stix
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mustafur
  • Culhwch
  • Browny
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fatboy
  • Aldo
  • Brocko
  • Jazza
  • LittleDavey
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.