Should the Broncos renew Hunt's contract

Should the Broncos release Ben Hunt?

• Total voters
So what is your take on hunt , joe ? Is he the 7 to take us glory or should we look elsewhere?

Personally, I see so much potential in him, but clearly needs to work on areas, most notably kicking/game management (of which he is, working very hard!)

Look, he is not going to be a Darren Lockyer style, level headed playmaker. He is more an Alfie Langer style instinctive player.

Does that work with Milf being so similar? 2015 - Yes! 2016 - not so much. But they will learn from it.

He has earned the benefit of doubt in my books and from what I have seen, is working hard to better his all round game. In fact, quite a few of the guys are.

New shirt for all Broncos Supporters

Personally, I see so much potential in him, but clearly needs to work on areas, most notably kicking/game management (of which he is, working very hard!)

Look, he is not going to be a Darren Lockyer style, level headed playmaker. He is more an Alfie Langer style instinctive player.

Does that work with Milf being so similar? 2015 - Yes! 2016 - not so much. But they will learn from it.

He has earned the benefit of doubt in my books and from what I have seen, is working hard to better his all round game. In fact, quite a few of the guys are.

Thanks for the response joe ! I am a hunt fan myself but am concerned about the hunt /milford combo. I would of loved to see a hunt/lockyer combo , even a hunt/norman combo would have been interesting. Maybe a hooker that can control a game, like cam smith would work with milf and hunt . Hopefully they can grow together , will be great to watch if they can.

Yeah from all reports Hunt is super competitive on the field, but a bit lazy. I think that shows that after 160 games of NRL and 7 years in the top grade, he still has one of, if not the worst, kicking games for a regular starting half in the comp. He has been signed since he was 12. Probably grew up with a sense of arrogance and never really put in the hard yards, Up until 2010 Cronk was only sometimes in the QLD team. He was the same age (roughly) as Hunt is now, but he buckled down further and perfected his game and is arguably the most professional player in the game in regards to training and diet habbits. I have no doubt that Hunt has more natural talent than Cronk, and many of the halves in the game, but he seems to lack the work ethic of the top flight players.

So can you prove this?

Yeah but he isn't getting overnight results so he must not be working hard.

He quite clearly lacks good work ethic.

7 years ain't overnight SF.

Yeah, because he was training as a half while he was playing as a hooker.

No. He was training as a hooker.

The extra effort he has only just started recently to put in. He didn't at first. That's on him. Now he has to make up for that and he is trying to.

Can anyone prove that I disproved a proof that had been proven by yours truly before it was disproved by a reproved proof reader who had proven that the originals proofs of the professor has been profusely perused before he professed he had perhaps perished?

Can anyone prove that I disproved a proof that had been proven by yours truly before it was disproved by a reproved proof reader who had proven that the originals proofs of the professor has been profusely perused before he professed he had perhaps perished?

Who needs proof when you can just have faith?

Hey Joe do you see Jason Demetriou helping Hunt reach his potential?

He was only training as a hooker because he wasn't dominating in his preferred position. You're right, that's on him. I wish him the best in his opportunity to correct this. I can't help but refer to the past as a template to the future. If he proves me wrong, we're all winners!

According to a ridiculously annoying super annuation advert, past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. I still have no idea what the point of that statement is and it ticks me off every time.

There isn't a single person sticking up for Hunt that says he doesn't need to improve. They know his kicking needs improvement, they know his game management needs improvement.

It's difficult to take comments such as yours seriously, to be honest. You're exaggerating. Making false statements. It's been said multiple times from the people sticking up for Hunt that he does have areas where he needs to improve. I would suggest you take some time reading through all of the threads and posts before making such statements. Because it's simply not true in the slightest.
Yeah, because labeling Hunt's critics as "haters", even though they do recognise his virtues and only want him replaced by someone more capable of filling the role, isn't exaggerating? Righto.

Looks like the Witch Hunters are forgetting the year of almost every thread becoming a 'Hunts Fault' thread.

So can you prove this?
Have been to a handful of training sessions over the past few years and he left around the same time everyone else did. Cronk apparently does several hours more than everyone else. I'm also fairly sure it was a Ben Hunt interview in relation to Ash Taylor's Debut saying he stays late at training etc and I remember thinking why the hell don't you then...

Had a pretty decent slog in this thread in the past 24 hours haha

Kept the off-season alight. For all our differing opinions... one thing is for certain.. we all love our NRL, we love the broncos and are hungry for a premiership.

Keep it up boys! Finally it's no longer dull around these parts

Active Now

• Organix
  • Gaz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.