NEWS Versatile Bird no lock to stay centre

Ask any of those guys how they win games! Guarantee they say there forwards game them the feild position. We don't have the halves to help with feild position, they need forward momentum.

You are making it sound like our forward pack isnt competitive when it is. Give us Cam Smith or JT and we would have probably won 2 grand finals since Bennett came back. While another good prop wouldnt hurt, our problem is our creativity when we get into decent positions. We get enough ball in good positions that if we had more control and creativity we would get more points. Bird at lock is going to help.

Way too much has been made of our poor showing against the dragons in the forwards. We dont have the biggest pack, but its not like they are poor players.

You are making it sound like our forward pack isnt competitive when it is. Give us Cam Smith or JT and we would have probably won 2 grand finals since Bennett came back. While another good prop wouldnt hurt, our problem is our creativity when we get into decent positions. We get enough ball in good positions that if we had more control and creativity we would get more points. Bird at lock is going to help.

Way too much has been made of our poor showing against the dragons in the forwards. We dont have the biggest pack, but its not like they are poor players.

Our lack of creativity is on our spine , we have 2 ball playing props now . So why do we need to move" McGuire " . Yeah we have done well with a smaller pack but we can be better with more punch.

Our lack of creativity is on our spine , we have 2 ball playing props now . So why do we need to move" McGuire " . Yeah we have done well with a smaller pack but we can be better with more punch.

Moose has played all his career bar last year as a prop for us and done really well. Moose at prop wont be an issue.

You are admitting our lack of creativity is on our spine, so how are things going to change if we leave things the way they are with Moose at lock? Where is the extra punch coming from because i dont see single change right now we can make that will give us much more punch in the forwards. We have some good kids in Hass, Fai, Carrigan and Flegler but they arent going to perform consistently yet. Apart from Tagatese onto the bench, i just cant see anyone making a massive difference to our pack.

Its all irrelevant anyway if Bennett decides he wants Bird at lock ( which i'm still pretty certain he does ) because thats whats going to happen and we will be a different side with a different way of playing.

Moose has played all his career bar last year as a prop for us and done really well. Moose at prop wont be an issue.

You are admitting our lack of creativity is on our spine, so how are things going to change if we leave things the way they are with Moose at lock? Where is the extra punch coming from because i dont see single change right now we can make that will give us much more punch in the forwards. We have some good kids in Hass, Fai, Carrigan and Flegler but they arent going to perform consistently yet. Apart from Tagatese onto the bench, i just cant see anyone making a massive difference to our pack.

Its all irrelevant anyway if Bennett decides he wants Bird at lock ( which i'm still pretty certain he does ) because thats whats going to happen and we will be a different side with a different way of playing.

Why not move bird into the spine then ? Instead of in the front line . Makes more sense to me.

Why not move bird into the spine then ? Instead of in the front line . Makes more sense to me.

He isnt a hooker so he wont play there, he wont oust Boyd from fullback or Milf from five eighth, that only leaves halfback which he doesn't posses the skills to play so the only thing he will give us over Knik is a better defence ( which im not totally against ). He is still going to be targeted, run at and have to make plenty tackles in the halves as well tbf.

Bird himself see's himself as a lock, he has said in the press he wants to play lock and thinks he plays his best football as lock as thats where he played the most when he was younger.

He isnt a hooker so he wont play there, he wont oust Boyd from fullback or Milf from five eighth, that only leaves halfback which he doesn't posses the skills to play so the only thing he will give us over Knik is a better defence ( which im not totally against ). He is still going to be targeted, run at and have to make plenty tackles in the halves as well tbf.

Bird himself see's himself as a lock, he has said in the press he wants to play lock and thinks he plays his best football as lock as thats where he played the most when he was younger.
Has also mentioned 1 & 6 . Will be what will be i guess.

Shhh. You’re not allowed to point out that Bennett is going to do whatever he wants, around here whether we like it or not...

I got shouted down for daring to suggest that very thing about Nikorima...

Shhh. You’re not allowed to point out that Bennett is going to do whatever he wants, around here whether we like it or not...

I got shouted down for daring to suggest that very thing about Nikorima...

Surely everyone knows Bennet will do what he wants. But the topic is usually more interesting as what do you think Broncs should do rather than hail Bennett he can do no wrong...

It’s ok to be stubborn or single minded when you are winning premierships. When you aren’t people won’t be so kind.

I think Bennett’s strengths are his man management and belief he creates. Don’t recall him ever being too good tactically which never mattered much when you have a team full of superstars and/or if they are buying into what you are selling. He lost a bit of aura with Newcastle and losing the GF. And the younger generation is less willing to take less to play for him.

Free Maccas card, that explains Milford's issue.

His try celebration on Thursday at training was eating the ball.

It would be a great marketing tool for Maccas. If it’s always “saw this player at Maccas” or “you’d never guess who I spotted at Maccas” puts that subconscious link in fans’ minds. Maccas becomes synonymous with exciting encounters. It wouldn’t cost them much either.

Come to think of it, I ran in to Ben Hannant at the Jimboomba Maccas just before he signed for the Cows. You remember those things every time you walk in there.

I’m sure the coaching staff would trust them to be sensible with it.

Sounds like Lock is where he wants to end up, maybe we'll move Moose back to prop next season and let Lodge cash in at some Sydney club.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • jarro65
  • marw
  • Fozz
  • Astro
  • mrslong
  • Rambstien
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • sooticus
  • Alec
  • Robboi_321
  • Jazza
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Morkel
  • Midean
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Johnny92
  • scobie
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.