Bennett switches Boyd to centre to plug leaky defence

This is exciting. Just for the one round or perminent change?

Fingers crossed for Issako to perform and for Boyd to defend better than Kahu. And... Kahu is back on the wing where he plays best. Seems like a win,win,win situation to me. Time will tell.

I hope they give it enough time though - for the rest of the season like..

This is exciting. Just for the one round or perminent change?

Fingers crossed for Issako to perform and for Boyd to defend better than Kahu. And... Kahu is back on the wing where he plays best. Seems like a win,win,win situation to me. Time will tell.

I hope they give it enough time though - for the rest of the season like..
I'd say it will be short lived but I'm hoping Boyd scores a try or two and blows the balls off Milford for any piss poor efforts so that it's permanent.

I still think Kodi could be a real gun there still.
What, in ISC ? If so I agree. He'd be fabulous there as tacklings not important. I couldn't imagine Nikorima as last line of defence, he'd wait until they went past and then scamper along side trying to slow them down because he sure as **** would not be in front of anyone.

I edited 'keeping' to 'keep' for you. I've never bothered with others' mistakes before, but I thought I'd return the favour.
Oh, thanks. Appreciate it. If you see any others, go right ahead just don't bother letting me know. I'll just assume I'm without fault and it will save you time too. Good to know I have an extra autocorrect on the free payroll.

Oh, thanks. Appreciate it. If you see any others, go right ahead just don't bother letting me know. I'll just assume I'm without fault and it will save you time too. Good to know I have an extra autocorrect on the free payroll.
I will if you will.

That response wasn’t valid last time. Just meant you loved Boyd or Bennett.

I only love Corey.

But if i thought we had a better option, i'd have said so.

This is a move I REALLY REALLY like.

It reminds me of when we switched Berrigan to hooker in 2006. It'll not only help our frontline defense on that side, this could really spark our attack. The thought of Isaako with his footwork bringing the ball back, injecting himself into the backline and supporting the forwards up the middle has me excited. We could really see Isaako cause some real headaches up the middle of the field for tiring forwards.

This is a move I REALLY REALLY like.

It reminds me of when we switched Berrigan to hooker in 2006. It'll not only help our frontline defense on that side, this could really spark our attack. The thought of Isaako with his footwork bringing the ball back, injecting himself into the backline and supporting the forwards up the middle has me excited. We could really see Isaako cause some real headaches up the middle of the field for tiring forwards.
And hodges to fullback in 2006

Strikes me as the last roll of the dice for this season. Weren't too many alternative solutions so I'm not going to label this switch as "genius" or claim that Bennett has miraculously had this season-changing idea. We were clearly not going to win much if we stuck to the original plan.

Regardless of how overdue this is, I am excited to see how Isaako goes at the back. What makes me most happy is that Kahu is now back on the wing where he belongs and that even if teams decide to target him he's got a great defender inside him who also happens to be a handy ball player.

If ever there was a time to encourage our forwards to offload and give Isaako a license to lurk around the ruck looking for second phase ball this would be it.

Last edited:
Kahu at his best could play fulback, but it seems somewhat irrelivent now. I'm happy isaako has the chance to prove himself. He seems to have matured as a player. I just hope he has the maturity to handle the role within a fairly inconsistent spine.

Unread

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  • Ondi
  • Lurker
  • Midean
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.