Bennett switches Boyd to centre to plug leaky defence

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
To be fair, you did ask. What did you expect?
Yup, I did. There are no 2 ways around it.

A post in jest doesn't mean I look at their relationship as anything unhealthy, and I have stressed that many times. My only concern is its effects on the team, not what their personal life is about, but don't let that get in the way of a good gotcha moment!

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

A post in jest doesn't mean I look at their relationship as anything unhealthy, and I have stressed that many times. My only concern is its effects on the team, not what their personal life is about, but don't let that get in the way of a good gotcha moment!

This isn’t about a gotcha moment and that isn’t the only time you have made fun of Boyd and Bennett and the relationship.

This isn’t a ‘gotcha’ this is about finding it offensive the way you talk about them and the way you shouted down anyone that disagreed with your assertion that he would never move him. If you can’t handle that maybe you should stop making this statements as fact that cannot be question.

Also, your ‘comments in jest’ about Boyd just adds fuel to the crap that goes on around it.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I'm confident Roberts and Kahu (in his rightful spot) will stem the tide of tries we were leaking in that corner as Isaako just was not getting what 'stay on your wing' meant. Also the Jet has lifted his defence in recent months and the origin experience will have lifted him even further. Having Boyd closer to Milf and Oates is also a good thing in terms of offloads and organisation of defensive lines. I'm sort of agnostic but I'm praying like **** that Isaako stays injury free at the back and manages to bust the line every now and then. Let's face it we're all a wee bit in the dark as to what the team will do tonight, so imagine what the Panthers will be feeling. I know it sounds wishful thinking, but I think KNik will find it easier connecting up with Jimmy tonight.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Bullshit, quote a single post where I said anything about son or any of that tripe?
I don't adhere by that nonsense, and respect the fact they have a close relationship, with my only concern being unintended despotism, so I did indeed think Wayne wouldn't move him.

I can only be happy Bennett ended up agreeing with me about the move and hope it sticks.

The fact you want the emphasise I was wrong about Wayne doing it, instead of the fact he actually did, tells me all I need to know about your intellectual honesty.
I guess you do like to make a fool of yourself constantly with these gotcha moments, don't you?

I didn't miss your attack on my integrity either. Well done.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

giphy.gif

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I'm expecting a few teething issues tonight especially on the sweep, but I just hope they don't stick to rigid set plays to score trys and instead go out there and play some quick footy.

Fall back into structure if an opportunity arises but the emphasis should be to play up tempo with some offloads and support running.

TPJ likely to line up on the right (opposite Maloney?? and Kikau) He could cause some serious headaches if he's able to link with Jimmy on his outside or have Isaako trailing on his inside.

Unfortunately Kikau will be on Knik. Knik will be lucky to get any tackles against that monster, but should also be looking to exploit his speed against him and Maloney's horrendous tackling

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
This isn’t about a gotcha moment and that isn’t the only time you have made fun of Boyd and Bennett and the relationship.

This isn’t a ‘gotcha’ this is about finding it offensive the way you talk about them and the way you shouted down anyone that disagreed with your assertion that he would never move him. If you can’t handle that maybe you should stop making this statements as fact that cannot be question.

Also, your ‘comments in jest’ about Boyd just adds fuel to the crap that goes on around it.
Offensive? LOL

I absolutely did not believe he would move him unless forced, and I've copped that egg on my face.
What I resent, because it's something I have never done, are derogatory comments about their personal relationship, which I have absolutely nothing against, except when it spills over to the team selections.
I have made this absolutely clear several times, including in a post which you praised, but I guess it doesn't suit your narrative.

To be honest, I'm past giving a **** about the sensitivities of a few guys on a forum who spend their time taking digs at other posters for their opinions.
I didn't miss your attack on my integrity either. Well done.
Good, I was hoping you wouldn't miss me returning serve.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Offensive? LOL

I absolutely did not believe he would move him unless forced, and I've copped that egg on my face.
What I resent, because it's something I have never done, are derogatory comments about their personal relationship, which I have absolutely nothing against, except when it spills over to the team selections.
I have made this absolutely clear several times, including in a post which you praised, but I guess it doesn't suit your narrative.

To be honest, I'm past giving a **** about the sensitivities of a few guys on a forum who spend their time taking digs at other posters for their opinions.

Good, I was hoping you wouldn't miss me returning serve.

But you did. You can claim that it was in jest or not, but that doesn't change the fact that you did. Where or when, doesn't matter.

It may seem like harmless fun, but the snowball effect is that people who do take a more hardline position on Boyd & Bennett's relationship take your "joke" as affirmation that their view is correct and shared by peers. It is precisely how digs become jokes, how jokes become opinion, and how opinion becomes truth.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
But you did. You can claim that it was in jest or not, but that doesn't change the fact that you did. Where or when, doesn't matter.

It may seem like harmless fun, but the snowball effect is that people who do take a more hardline position on Boyd & Bennett's relationship take your "joke" as affirmation that their view is correct and shared by peers. It is precisely how digs become jokes, how jokes become opinion, and how opinion becomes truth.
That's probably fair enough mate. Anyone who knows me, and B4L does, absolutely knows I abhor that kind of shit.

I also deliberately avoided piling it on that angle since, and ensured I made my stance clear on the subject. Unfortunately, like any other opinion in favour of Bennett and / or Boyd I utter, it gets ignored.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
That's probably fair enough mate. Anyone who knows me, and B4L does, absolutely knows I abhor that kind of shit.

I also deliberately avoided piling it on that angle since, and ensured I made my stance clear on the subject. Unfortunately, like any other opinion in favour of Bennett and / or Boyd I utter, it gets ignored.

It doesn't get ignored, but you can't do something and then say later 'oh just jokes' and expect that to be all sweet.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

That’s what happens when you spend a few years constantly shitting on someone. Trust me, I know.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Could you please further elaborate on this post from February of this year? Especially the bold part, to me that that seems like a dig at the Boyd / Bennett relationship, you're passive aggressively indicating that you believe under no circumstances will Bennett move Boyd due to their relationship, and I am deeply offended by your constant lies, as is everyone Porthoz. Please apologise.

First of all, I have not written anyone off.

Second, there are 2 positions both players are well suited to, neither of which is Halfback.
One is occupied by Boyd (and let's not kid ourselves, that ain't changing, right or wrong), the other is rightfully occupied by the better of the two, who is also the guy who gets paid more.

In your version, it's the lesser guy whom actually gets to play the role he is best suited to, while we force the better player in a role not suited for him, essentially taking away from his strengths, which are the reason he got the bigger paycheck in the first place. That makes sense to you?

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Could you please further elaborate on this post from February of this year? Especially the bold part, to me that that seems like a dig at the Boyd / Bennett relationship, you're passive aggressively indicating that you believe under no circumstances will Bennett move Boyd due to their relationship, and I am deeply offended by your constant lies, as is everyone Porthoz. Please apologise.
It was a joke

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Jedhead
  • mieko
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Big Del
  • broncos4life
  • Manofoneway
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.