RUMOUR Kieran Foran to Brisbane in 2018

Firstly, he clearly wants to stay away from Sydney. he has already turned down several big offers to sign with Sydney clubs and if we get him he will turn down several big offers from Sydney clubs to sign with us. He also reportedly has a support network in Brisbane.

Secondly, as big of a future as i believe Taylor has, he is no comparison with Foran... Foran is a premiership winning half with over 150 games of first grade experience and 30 test matches for NZ. Taylor is a rookie with 24 - odd games of experience, lead his team to 8th place and zero games of rep footy.

If Foran can get his life sorted off the field (and Bennett is the best in the business at helping players with that) then he is a far better option than Taylor. This is a business and we need to put sentimentality aside and choose the best option.

Taylor is no comparison to Foran because he is only about to start his 2nd season. Foran had a team of superstars around him at manly, did nothing at parra and has completely nose dived in life itself. I am not saying he isn't a great player , but there are so many if's and but's that people need to think about.

That's right and at that salary you wouldn't even consider him but don't forget, he is not going to be on anywhere near that as he doesn't want to be in Sydney and all his well documented issues means he is a risky signing. So given he is only available to non-Sydney teams with baggage, we could probably get him for less than the money we offered Hunt. It's worth the risk.

The risk to miss out on a half with no baggage but with all attributes we want ?

The risk to miss out on a half with no baggage but with all attributes we want ?

..'with all the attributes we want'..you mean he 'may' have the attributes we want. He's in his second season. He's proved nothing as yet at first grade level (indeed Tim Smith and Brett Seymour showed as much in their rookie years).

I think the risk is that we miss out on a current superstar for the chance that the work experience half might end up being as good in a few years time (unless you're arguing that Taylor is as good now..which he clearly isn't).

Ps where does this 'did nothing at Parra' line come from - he was there for one year...

Yeah I'd be absolutely all over this signing. No negatives for mine.

Foran is available in 2018 ...

Taylor is not available in 2018, anyone who even thinks he is a chance for needs to get that out of their heads. While contracts don't mean a great deal anymore, Clubs can still dig their heels in and force a player to honour the final years of the contract ... and since the Titans plan to build their team around Taylor, they will certainly keep him until his contract expires. There is also no guarantee that he will sign with us for 2019 anyway, from what i know about the kid, he seems pretty loyal, and would be a good chance of staying to pay back the Titans for taking a chance on him (their offer is also likely to be very good, possibly even bigger than ours).

So the risk is actually, not making a play at one of the best halves in the game who is available when we need him, in the hope that a rookie shows the potential everyone believes he has and signs with us the year after we need him.

if we decided to not attempt to sign Foran in the hope of getting Taylor, we could miss out on both players (and that would leave us right in the shit).

Assuming that we don't overpay, I think this would be a great signing. Foran > Taylor > Brooks and others coming available.

I wouldn't be against Taylor coming back if Foran is not available or just stringing us along and I think there is merit is keeping all of our options open. We would be silly not to have talks with any decent halfbacks on the market next year. It's too early in the piece to rule anyone out.

Further, the way the market is working at the moment and as much as I hate it that players can sign so far in advance of a move to a new team, we would be silly not to be talking with these players now or risk losing them to another club that is quicker to pull the trigger.

Don McKinnon Foran's Godfather and spokesman- he doesn't have a manager has issued a statement saying he hasn't instigated any talks about 2018.

McKinnon is not the former Manly player that took a leak on the field in the Broncos' first game.

..'with all the attributes we want'..you mean he 'may' have the attributes we want. He's in his second season. He's proved nothing as yet at first grade level (indeed Tim Smith and Brett Seymour showed as much in their rookie years).

I think the risk is that we miss out on a current superstar for the chance that the work experience half might end up being as good in a few years time (unless you're arguing that Taylor is as good now..which he clearly isn't).

Ps where does this 'did nothing at Parra' line come from - he was there for one year...

I don't think i said it was Taylor! Yes I like him and would like him at the broncs, but there is other options.
Ps - what was the reason he was only at parra for 1 year?

I don't think i said it was Taylor! Yes I like him and would like him at the broncs, but there is other options.
Ps - what was the reason he was only at parra for 1 year?

Oh come on champ. It was obvious who you meant.

So explain to me again why Taylor is better than Foran?

Foran is available in 2018 ...

Taylor is not available in 2018, anyone who even thinks he is a chance for needs to get that out of their heads. While contracts don't mean a great deal anymore, Clubs can still dig their heels in and force a player to honour the final years of the contract ... and since the Titans plan to build their team around Taylor, they will certainly keep him until his contract expires. There is also no guarantee that he will sign with us for 2019 anyway, from what i know about the kid, he seems pretty loyal, and would be a good chance of staying to pay back the Titans for taking a chance on him (their offer is also likely to be very good, possibly even bigger than ours).

So the risk is actually, not making a play at one of the best halves in the game who is available when we need him, in the hope that a rookie shows the potential everyone believes he has and signs with us the year after we need him.

if we decided to not attempt to sign Foran in the hope of getting Taylor, we could miss out on both players (and that would leave us right in the shit).

Pretty sure i mentioned getting foran for 2018 would be good. Or is that getting in the way of your vendetta !

Pretty sure i mentioned getting foran for 2018 would be good. Or is that getting in the way of your vendetta !

I don't have a vendetta ... but some people on this forum need to be realistic.

Oh come on champ. It was obvious who you meant.

So explain to me again why Taylor is better than Foran?

If that'swhat you want to believe champ !
There are pros and cons for both, but the major pro for taylor is he doesn't have a bucket load of issues that could derail a club and players . Foran has got serious problems !

I don't have a vendetta ... but some people on this forum need to be realistic.

Isn't that what im saying about foran . As good as he is his issues out weigh them.

We are going to be linked to every half in the competition for next year. Maybe we should just group it all into one thread called the search for the new halfback according to the media

I've always liked Foran as a player, but something is clearly not right with his head.

Took Hodgo a good 2 years to overcome his shit, after he did his knee in origin it all went downhill for him in his personal life. Sometimes you just need a good mentor to shield you.

Something tells me whatever happens with foran his future will be decided long before next season. There's a whole year to decide where his head is and absolutely no reason to rush into things. I'm pretty sure his talk with wb will be about exactly the things you are all scared for. I'm sure the slightest hint of trouble between now and then, and his broncos future will pass like a wisp of smoke. If he keeps on track with his recovery though, I see no reason not to sign him. If we lose from waiting too long, I won't be too worried either. Better to see how the dust settles.

The rumours are correct. The leak of these discussions was from a similar source to a blow up earlier last year we had at the club.

I will add this is from a very legitimate source, I had lunch with a Sydney club coach only last Thursday who mentioned it (incidentally that club has been speaking with Forans mgmt also)

Active Now

• Browny
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Ozired
  • Morkel
  • Fatboy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Mustafur
  • Skathen
  • LittleDavey
  • broncotville
  • Jazza
  • Alec
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • broncos4life
  • Porthoz
  • levikaden
  • Foordy
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.