Korbin Sims to Red Hill

One thing is for sure, I'm glad we missed out on Napa, for the price we're paying Sims we're getting similar output for probably 1/3rd of the price.

Ah man. He's becoming one of my favourite broncos. He's pretty cool.. Everyone else see his postmatch interview on broncos social media? He's pretty easy going
I love the bloke, he runs with passion, and is an aggressive player, that's exactly what we've been missing for a while, a forward who isn't afraid to be aggressive and set the tone. We've been too polite in past seasons with our forward pack, I love that we have guys like Esse, Sims, Blair now who are all aggressive, and really assert themselves on the game.

We aren't talking about Peter here. Jarrod Wallace has been immense for the Titans this year.

I don't care about the Titans. I care about the Broncos. I think Sims is a better player than Wallace.

For me, the only thing we are missing is the most aggressive forward in the NRL Aiden Tolman. Teams would fear us then

I don't care about the Titans. I care about the Broncos. I think Sims is a better player than Wallace.
Different sort of players with different skillsets I think. But i think they're both in great form. Hoping Wallace gets origin call up because as I recall there was a bet on this forum that he'll never be an origin player.. Not sure who called it out and what the offence would be if it came true

For me, the only thing we are missing is the most aggressive forward in the NRL Aiden Tolman. Teams would fear us then
Eh. I disagree a little.. You may be right..but i think we play a different style of footy. One i enjoy more than just bash and crash. Our forwards are long lasting, ball playing, offloading, smart and aggressive in d. We are mobile and gelling well together. The thing we needed was punchy props who make a good impact off the bench and post contact. which we now have.

Wallace has been the better of the two this year but Sims hasn't been bad.

Wallace's game against Melb though, that was something.

Wallace has been the better of the two this year but Sims hasn't been bad.

Wallace's game against Melb though, that was something.

Wallace did everything he could against us as well. He is playing extremely well. I feared he would have a career year this year and its the case.

He's playing really good and I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench, come origin. Sims isn't too far off either. I'm curious who the lock and front rowers will be this time, as apart from maguire (either front row or lock), there are only old stagers (lillyman, Myles), untested youth (Wallace, sims) or players like papali who have big question marks over them from either form or ill discipline.

Sims has been great for us. He is not without the odd error or boneheaded play but he has been a massive positive overall and has added much needed starch into our pack along with Ese Ese and an improved Adam Blair, who seems to be running much harder this year and looks like he has put on some size...

Origin off the bench isn't our of the question for Sims, IMHO.

Wallace was offered big money to play for the Titans. How much I don't know, but it was enough for us to not be able to match it and apparently we did want to keep him.

Compare that to Korbin, who we're paying minimum wage while Newcastle pick up the tab. Bennett made the right decision.

Wallace was offered big money to play for the Titans. How much I don't know, but it was enough for us to not be able to match it and apparently we did want to keep him.

Compare that to Korbin, who we're paying minimum wage while Newcastle pick up the tab. Bennett made the right decision.
Yeah, this.

Wallace has grown another leg, and has without a doubt been one of the best front rowers in the comp, but cost benefit wise, Korbin wins hands down.

I agree.

His aggression has really helped our team.

I really like the look of a pack that includes Lodge, Blair, Sims, Ese'ese - all aggressive types.

Ps I agree with @broncospwn - we have been marshmallows in the middle for a number of years. You can't win premierships with a soft pack. Big, aggressive forwards beat small, mobile forwards every day of the week.

I agree.

His aggression has really helped our team.

I really like the look of a pack that includes Lodge, Blair, Sims, Ese'ese - all aggressive types.

Ps I agree with @broncospwn - we have been marshmallows in the middle for a number of years. You can't win premierships with a soft pack. Big, aggressive forwards beat small, mobile forwards every day of the week.
Except for the days the Broncos with intelligent mobile forwards run riot and rings around souths and other dumbass battering ram type "big and aggressive" plodders

You need to play the right team with the right tactics that compliments either. Broncos have big backs to help take the load off the forwards in hit ups. Smaller more athletic forwards mean you can run down teams at the end. That means a high intensity running game with as little stoppages as possible.
The broncos have failed at times to make best use of their athleticism, spending multiple sets of 6 defending and then playing AdLib, all or nothing plays, leading to more defence in a spiral of exhaustive defence.
A big pack can get you out of trouble, when that happens early on, but if is less forgiving later in the halves and more vulnerable to smaller backs with good footwork.
Its a balancing act, but what matters is not the size of pack but how it can compete with its opponents. The bulldogs and their big skillful forwards can strike early but need a start-stop game. The broncos try and do the opposite, keeping kicks in play and constantly moving the ruck. Ideally if you can throw in repeat sets like Melbourne does, at will, the size becomes less important. They're forwards always look better there than when they leave for it.

Except for the days the Broncos with intelligent mobile forwards run riot and rings around souths and other dumbass battering ram type "big and aggressive" plodders

I said 'Big, aggressive forwards beat small, mobile forwards every day of the week.'

The history of the game backs me up. All the smarts and brave ball skills in the world don't match sheer forward might. Having been the biggest forward in a small pack, I can tell you the game was much easier when I was the smallest forward in a big pack. And it was easier for everyone - including the halves, when you know that you can punch out 45 metres in 4 tackles; your mind set changes.

Also, watch us play the Cowboys over the last few years when they had Scott, Tamou and T'Lolo. Watch us play Melbourne the last few years. Why do we struggle to get out of our end? Because we (frankly) had a pack of marshmallows.

All things being equal, the big aggressive guys beats the small mobile guy most of the time.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.