Korbin Sims to Red Hill

You had your chance yesterday to prove me wrong about something, anything. You're yet to explain why Ricky Stuart built a team of really big forwards and DIDN'T intend to go through the middle as you asserted.
Just because the coach INTENDS something doesn't mean the bonehead players are necessarily going to do it.

Probably our best value for money player.

Hope he kicks on.

You had your chance yesterday to prove me wrong about something, anything. You're yet to explain why Ricky Stuart built a team of really big forwards and DIDN'T intend to go through the middle as you asserted.
It's so hard not to just call you an idiot and move on. Watch the games. They have a monsterous forward pack, you're right. But they don't use them to go through the middle. They just pass it to their wingers without earning the right to do so. Is this another one of those "I didn't watch the game but this is how I feel about this topic" moments?

Just because the coach INTENDS something doesn't mean the bonehead players are necessarily going to do it.
Yes, that's true. Not sure what relevance that has to the discussion. Cult3 asserts that Canberra NEVER come up the middle using their monster forwards. I think they do with varying degress of success. Which of these two statements or positions do you most agree with ?

Cult3 said:
They rarely go up the guts first and they never earn the right to spread it wide. They always go for a hail mary play, always. Their weakness is making stupid errors.

Is what was actually said and given what we saw last night, a fair prediction.

Canberra made 15 errors and in the end the field goal came on the back of an error.

Canberra made 15 errors and in the end the field goal came on the back of an error.
I'm calling you when I need a lawyer.

Getting my clients out of petty arguments is my number one priority.

I stand corrected. I was wrong and my assertion that Cult3 stated that Canberra never go up the middle was incorrect. He wrote, rarely.

I'm enjoying what Sims is providing for us so far. He is not without an error or two in him that is true and obviously I hope that doesn't hurt us at some point, but unfortunately that is also true for most of our side at present, so I think it a bit harsh singling him out for that at the moment.

He has brought some size and aggression into our pack and I'm enjoying watching him run hard into opposition teams and getting us across that advantage line repeatedly, something we have needed from a big prop for some years now and we finally have it.

Now, about those halves of ours...

I remember tallis was a little like sims, so was dowling, so was allan cann. Some players just seem to be angry all the time. If they can harness it, they can be inspirational. If not, theyll end up dragging down the team down with penalties and a lack of commitment to game plans. Simms has shown both those aspects this season. The inspiration against cronulla and the rapid self-destructive side against melbourne. I trust in bennet to either mentor korbin simms' attitude or make a hard decision further down the track.

My opinion is that Sims didn't go over the top or lose control against Melbourne. Melbourne had been doing that shit all game, albeit better concealed from the refs view due to being meticulously drilled by the cheatingest coach ever. He'd put in a massive effort to chase and subdue the Storm player, sending a message that we won't be bullied and had their number is part of football. Unfortunately for him, he's not as cynical as us and of course was not aware that refs deliberately treat teams differently depending on the agenda of the game.

As for Moga, I don't even see an infringement. He just fucking owned Cronk. Again, like Sims did later, sent a message that if he tries to get around him and fails, he'll pay for it. Put doubt in his mind. The refs just see a respected elite player getting manhandled and blow the whistle, despite nothing illegal happening.

My opinion is that Sims didn't go over the top or lose control against Melbourne. Melbourne had been doing that shit all game, albeit better concealed from the refs view due to being meticulously drilled by the cheatingest coach ever. He'd put in a massive effort to chase and subdue the Storm player, sending a message that we won't be bullied and had their number is part of football. Unfortunately for him, he's not as cynical as us and of course was not aware that refs deliberately treat teams differently depending on the agenda of the game.

As for Moga, I don't even see an infringement. He just fucking owned Cronk. Again, like Sims did later, sent a message that if he tries to get around him and fails, he'll pay for it. Put doubt in his mind. The refs just see a respected elite player getting manhandled and blow the whistle, despite nothing illegal happening.
So true, the latest catch-phrase this season,
'Just not a good look.'

Honesty with some peoples delicate sensibilities they should just watch ballerinas.

Yes, that's true. Not sure what relevance that has to the discussion. Cult3 asserts that Canberra NEVER come up the middle using their monster forwards. I think they do with varying degress of success. Which of these two statements or positions do you most agree with ?
I think you're both correct and were arguing different things. That's all.

Ah man. He's becoming one of my favourite broncos. He's pretty cool.. Everyone else see his postmatch interview on broncos social media? He's pretty easy going

I rate Wallace ahead of Korbin Sims
Sims is another overrated plodder just like his brothers

I still rate Wallace higher but Sims has changed my opinion this year. He is what we needed. Battle hardened enforcer who takes no shit.

I reckon Sims is a far better player than Wallace. Glad he's gone.

I think Sims provides a lot more to our team than Wallace did.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.