Korbin Sims to Red Hill

2 year deal for Sims.

Edit: Jharal interviewed him on the Broncos website and they were talking about how Hook used to make Tariq wake up in the middle of the night and eat 3kg of Ham to try and get him to put on weight, LOL. No wonder those Broncos teams were so lethargic.

2 year deal for Sims.

Edit: Jharal interviewed him on the Broncos website and they were talking about how Hook used to make Tariq wake up in the middle of the night and eat 3kg of Ham to try and get him to put on weight, LOL. No wonder those Broncos teams were so lethargic.
No.. he didn't... REALLY!??!

Which was actually fantastic for Tariq since he went from a nothing centre to the best player in the NYC not long after.

I saw a pic of Sims recently and he has Lesnar type shoulders at the moment. looked ridiculous

I'm very glad we signed him. I remember years ago hearing he was the pick of the brothers. This may turn out very well I feel.

I'm happy with this signing. Lets see if Wayne can pull a "Adam Blair" with this one. He has the potential to be a good forward. Trying not to get too excited though after past let downs like Gavet, Garbutt & Kennedy, but I think this will be different.

Sorry if this has already been said, but there is some good footage on youtube of Korbin if anyone is interested. Plenty of big hits too.

For some reason I have a feeling Korbin and Moose are going to run amock together terrorising other teams. They are both so agressive. Add Blair into that and Thaiday on his day and thats a pack you wouldn't want to mess with.

I'm happy with this signing. Lets see if Wayne can pull a "Adam Blair" with this one. He has the potential to be a good forward. Trying not to get too excited though after past let downs like Gavet, Garbutt & Kennedy, but I think this will be different.

Sorry if this has already been said, but there is some good footage on youtube of Korbin if anyone is interested. Plenty of big hits too.

For some reason I have a feeling Korbin and Moose are going to run amock together terrorising other teams. They are both so agressive. Add Blair into that and Thaiday on his day and thats a pack you wouldn't want to mess with.

Yep I think this only strengthens us and adds some reasonable size and mongrel to our pack. Plus Bennett knows him well from Broncos juniors and his stint at the Knights, so I doubt he would have brought him here even on cheap money, if he didn't think he could add something we didn't already have...

Pretty happy with a pack of:

8. Sims
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

and a bench:

14: Marshall
15: E'se E'se
16. Glenn
17. TPJ

Yep I think this only strengthens us and adds some reasonable size and mongrel to our pack. Plus Bennett knows him well from Broncos juniors and his stint at the Knights, so I doubt he would have brought him here even on cheap money, if he didn't think he could add something we didn't already have...

Pretty happy with a pack of:

8. Sims
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

and a bench:

14: Marshall
15: E'se E'se
16. Glenn
17. TPJ

I think offa will be in the team . Will be hard to leave anyone of those out . Niko for marshall maybe, or a offa for marshall.

I think the bench is a rotation anyway.. offa, esesesesee, arrow, TPJ, Sua, Glenn. Everyone will get a go. Same with kodi and benji. Will all feature.

Bennett likes to keep the same team week in week out though.

Wayne will hopefully give Sims a pretty simple gameplan to follow so he doesn't feel the need to try for big plays all the time.

Something he was a bit guilty of at the Knights.

Bennett likes to keep the same team week in week out though.
Sure.. but he's also rotating the young bench forwards to get experience......
And you can't have the same team when injuries or origin hit.

Yeah that's when our team gets experience over origin time.

the mcguire situation will be the trickiest. he wants big coin and has taken unders to stay at the club to date so wants to cash in. talk out of sydney is he is shopping himself down there with a few clubs.
the issue for josh is he isnt very commercial or a typical sponsor type player to cash in on 3rd party deals so he will need to strike a big playing contract.
I would use him at lock this year, then let him go and bring Arrow in. Arrow is a better off loader and defender than McGuire will ever be. MCGuire has him on leg speed in hit ups. IMO McGuire is good but he thinks he is better than he really is.

I've been impressed so far. But I'm still not 100% convinced, purely because of his oldest brother, who started his first season with us on fire too.

Unread

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • johnny plath
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Galah
  • achievedrap
  • Santa
  • Midean
  • davidp
  • Brotherdu
  • Ondi
  • Justwin
  • whykickamoocow
  • Xzei
  • maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.