Korbin Sims to Red Hill

These young guys are still going to be on basement wages most likely since they still haven't 'arrived' yet, how is replacing them with some other player who may be further behind in development or older but with less potential of any benefit? Who else are we going to replace them with?

These young guys are still going to be on basement wages most likely since they still haven't 'arrived' yet, how is replacing them with some other player who may be further behind in development or older but with less potential of any benefit? Who else are we going to replace them with?

Huh?.. You must not have read my post correctly, we aren't replacing them with anyone..

I'm saying that logistically speaking you CAN'T keep everyone, we've got like 10-12 good young players off-contract over the next 12-24 months, it's just not possible to keep them all, some of them will be getting larger offers from other clubs, we have to pick & choose the ones to prioritise re-signing.

Exactly the young guys developed by Brisbane are more willing to stay and our coaching staff also know what they're paying for. If another team comes in and offers massive overs than we can't compete but young guys have been staying recently because they're realising they're not a walk up start in other teams and it can ruin their career if they decide to move on and if doesn't work out.

At some point we still have to fill a 25 man squad. The bulk of the players brought up as preferred re-signings are those that are likely on lower contracts but offer a lot of promise (arrow, offa, ese, tpj, etc.) and not so much the dodds of the world

Huh?.. You must not have read my post correctly, we aren't replacing them with anyone..

I'm saying that logistically speaking you CAN'T keep everyone, we've got like 10-12 good young players off-contract over the next 12-24 months, it's just not possible to keep them all, some of them will be getting larger offers from other clubs, we have to pick & choose the ones to prioritise re-signing.

Of course we can't re-sign everyone but doesn't mean we can't fight to keep the best prospects of them, of which Arrow is certainly one.

If a club comes in and offers ridiculous money for them then fine, they can leave but if we can compete, we should. These kids are not going to break the bank account in most cases.

Exactly the young guys developed by Brisbane are more willing to stay and our coaching staff also know what they're paying for. If another team comes in and offers massive overs than we can't compete but young guys have been staying recently because they're realising they're not a walk up start in other teams and it can ruin their career if they decide to move on and if doesn't work out.

At some point we still have to fill a 25 man squad. The bulk of the players brought up as preferred re-signings are those that are likely on lower contracts but offer a lot of promise (arrow, offa, ese, tpj, etc.) and not so much the dodds of the world

Do not speak ill of the Dodds.

Just using doddsy as an example. The point was more so about having to fill a 25 man squad, so throwing a young guy on the scrap because they're not in the 17 is pointless when you still have to replace them

You're forgetting McGuire is off contract this year and last time he was off contract he was pretty well sort after and fielding large contract offers.

Now he's aiming for lock and could quite easily turn into an 80min engine at lock

the mcguire situation will be the trickiest. he wants big coin and has taken unders to stay at the club to date so wants to cash in. talk out of sydney is he is shopping himself down there with a few clubs.
the issue for josh is he isnt very commercial or a typical sponsor type player to cash in on 3rd party deals so he will need to strike a big playing contract.

I'm thinking with hunt out the door we can pretty much match whatever anyone throws at milf. The re-signing of McGuire is almost the top priority now

Not even a Doddle?

Not even a doddley doodley.

Just using doddsy as an example. The point was more so about having to fill a 25 man squad, so throwing a young guy on the scrap because they're not in the 17 is pointless when you still have to replace them

Every club needs a Dodds or two. Seasoned first graders who won't light up the world but can march on the field, knock the wind out of a few opposition runners, then stroll off back to the building site and finish concreting your pad.

the mcguire situation will be the trickiest. he wants big coin and has taken unders to stay at the club to date so wants to cash in. talk out of sydney is he is shopping himself down there with a few clubs.
the issue for josh is he isnt very commercial or a typical sponsor type player to cash in on 3rd party deals so he will need to strike a big playing contract.

Door.

Rather use the money for Taumololo.

Needs an attitude adjustment this year. Remember he was the rat.

I assure you, a number of the player forgave but didn't forget.

Door.

You might be onto something there. If we find a cheap but capable halfback then we might be able to upgrade from Moose to Taumololo.

Door.

i agree 100%, i reckon last year he seemed to change as a player and person. his attitude needs a big correction.

i agree 100%, i reckon last year he seemed to change as a player and person. his attitude needs a big correction.

I don't think McGuire is smart enough to realize this.

He does seem to be a few fries short of a happy meal.

Wow, McGuire hit the shitlist in a hurry. I suspect that's exactly why the club wanted to keep the rat story so under wraps, when they must've known it would get out. You don't have 25 players in that locker room without one of them spilling it for the world to know.

I reckon McGuire will do exactly what Hunt did and use his loyalty to us to bloat his value then take off for the best deal he can reasonably hope for.

I think this played a big part in him being left out of the kangaroo tour.

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/01/23/confirmed_sims_back_.af_news.html

1485148217315.jpg

The NRMA Insurance Broncos have today announced the signing of former Newcastle prop Korbin Sims in what will be a ‘homecoming’ of sorts.
Although raised on the NSW’s South Coast, Sims was recruited by Brisbane and moved to the city as a 15-year-old, where he came through the Broncos’ system.
At one stage Sims and his two NRL-experienced brothers Ashton and Tariq were all playing in Brisbane’s colours.
Sims played in the Broncos’ under 20s National Youth Competition team in 2012 before making the move to the Knights, where he became an NRL player almost immediately.
The 25-year-old Queensland State of Origin-qualified candidate met his new teammates at Red Hill this afternoon.

Active Now

• westy316
  • broncsgoat
  • Volvo Driver
  • Big Del
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • broncomax
  • Spike
  • RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  • Organix
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.