Korbin Sims to Red Hill

I'd imagine so yess. Probably all of the forwards in contention ( tpj, hermen, arrow, joe, sims) will play the sharks trial and fight it out and who ever shows the best form joins the squad for England

Any chance that sims will basically take over the roll of Wallace rather then starting prop like most people predict? Keep joe o or who ever was going to partner Blair in front row and put sims on the bench so we have some added experience coming off the bench. It's not like sims is a gun forward who demands a starting position is it?

I think the reason he's expected to start is because McGuire seems most likely to play lock. If someone like Arrow plays lock instead (who was my tip but looks like I was wrong) then Sims may well be on the bench.

It will be interesting to see if one of the guys has been training the house down and looking really good whether or not they do get a starting spot over sims or if Bennett has brought him purely for his experience and to start him regardless of how our current forwards are going? It would be good to see someone like joe o get a starting spot purely because they have been going to well Bennett can't say no to them!

I want to see Big Joe get first shot at starting, but I think Sims will be.
Big Joe will be mainly concentrating on getting a spot in the 17 in which he is at long odds at doing IMO. You don't go from being a regular fixture in the ISC to being a starter in the Bronco's pack. It just doesn't work that way.

Big Joe will be mainly concentrating on getting a spot in the 17 in which he is at long odds at doing IMO. You don't go from being a regular fixture in the ISC to being a starter in the Bronco's pack. It just doesn't work that way.

There was a reason in him being a fixture in ISC ! Im not saying that he will be starting but i think you'll find he will be in the 17.

I think he was punished in 2016 for having a few very average games, particularly one where he was given a chance to start and was very poor. Then he wasn't able to find his way back into the squad as tpg and arrow didn't put a foot wrong. If he's given a clean slate this year I think he's a good chance of been in the 17 and possibly starting depending on trial form... remembering how high up in the pecking order he was in 2015!

I'd imagine so yess. Probably all of the forwards in contention ( tpj, hermen, arrow, joe, sims) will play the sharks trial and fight it out and who ever shows the best form joins the squad for England

rumour mill is already in overdrive with sims arrival, arrow has been linked to the sharks for 2018 as he is still here for 2017 but we all know a contract means peanuts these days.

Why do we need to get rid of our young players? Isn't this one of the concerns some of us had when Bennett returned, that we'd be left worse for wear when he left again?

Why do we need to get rid of our young players? Isn't this one of the concerns some of us had when Bennett returned, that we'd be left worse for wear when he left again?

Sims is only 3.5 years older than Arrow, not a massive disparity. The point being that we can't re-sign everyone, we need to pick and choose wisely, the best way to do that is it re-sign the players in the positions that may become available over the next few years.

As it stands Fullback, Five-Eighth, Hooker & Lock are pretty much off-limits for the next 4-5 years minimum. Never hurts to have a little bit of depth in each of those though.

You're forgetting McGuire is off contract this year and last time he was off contract he was pretty well sort after and fielding large contract offers.

Now he's aiming for lock and could quite easily turn into an 80min engine at lock

I don't see why so many want to give up on Arrow so quickly. Parker took a few years before he came on to become a club legend. Just keep the kid and let him develop. Forwards with motors like him and Joffa are valuable commodities. They aren't really men yet, let them physically develop. We already stupidly got rid of Taylor, let's not make the same mistake again just because a player x isn't a superstar after 15-20 games.

I don't see a spot in our 17 unless he starts at lock and with the signing of sims he won't be there.

Geez quick to throw away a player just cause they're not in the 17.... what about the top 25.

Parker and McGuire both started out as props whose to say arrow can't start out as a prop? He's listed as a prop on broncos official site albeit undersized.

I believe the reason broncs are able to keep players is because they are realizing the grass isn't always greener. Gallen is in his last year of football but who's to say arrow would be a walk up start at lock in their side or even in their 17...

For now Arrow might seem surplus. But the majority of our starting pack is ageing, we can't just expect to be able to replace them with rookies. Most of our young guys seem to be built for impact, Arrow looks to be the only genuine workhorse, so even if he doesn't get a starting spot he needs to gain experience on the bench. By the time the next position opens up it'll be one of the guys who's been biding their time on the bench, likely for 2-3 years, and at this point we have no idea who's going to cut the mustard.

For now Arrow might seem surplus. But the majority of our starting pack is ageing, we can't just expect to be able to replace them with rookies. Most of our young guys seem to be built for impact, Arrow looks to be the only genuine workhorse, so even if he doesn't get a starting spot he needs to gain experience on the bench. By the time the next position opens up it'll be one of the guys who's been biding their time on the bench, likely for 2-3 years, and at this point we have no idea who's going to cut the mustard.

I agree, and this is why I get worried about the willingness around here to just throw young uns away simple because they aren't ready to start yet.

I wish I could live in the world you guys live in where it's possible to re-sign every single player. We'd be unstoppable!

Let's just hope we don't spent all our money on re-signing the wrong ones and let another Ash Taylor walk away.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Dash
  • Justwin
  • mrslong
  • broncoscope
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bish
  • jd87
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.