PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2024] Roosters vs Broncos in Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we think Piakura plays 80, or are we gonna do that shit where we play Carrigan on the edge for 20 minutes to get extra minutes in to Kobe?

Baker has been in 1st grade for 3 years and has played in 45 games .
I don`t know him from a bar of soap and I am a Willison fan .

But , your statement is not accurate and in Kevvie we trust .
Willison made his Debut in 2021, it's mainly injuries that have hurt him get more chances.

Do you always have to be a snarky C when you respond to me?

What has Baker done where he is ahead of Willison, he basically has the same experience only he isn't as good.
You'll find that Baker is a different style of player than Xavier. Fletcher has a quality draw and pass on him and has more attention to detail which should compliment the players around him.

If this was a Grand Final, I'd have concerns. Baker clearly wasn't at 100% against the Cowboys, but in fairness to him, he wasn't expected to play that game. Baker had surgery on his groin during the off-season and wasn't expected back until Round 1, so he should be better for the game.

I think Kevie wants to give him time and build those combinations up in the team. Unless he has a shocker, I'd expect him to retain his place with Taupau being under more pressure.

Yeah but if that’s all the journos have it’s not factual it’s a possibility. I really struggle to think 2 days on and 3 days out from the game you would make this decision. I think for now it’s just a possibility rather than fait accompli.

I don't see why Marty would be the one training with the main squad if he wasn't playing.

I don't see Xavier getting hurt over not playing either. The TLT is just the clubs fulfilling their obligation to the NRL to name a side, that's all. As we've seen many times, what's named on Tuesday isn't always the team that runs out. I don't see this being a spur of the moment decision for Kevvie. He would have known what team he wanted to run out before the naming of the side and Willison would not have been kept in the dark about it.

I don't see why Marty would be the one training with the main squad if he wasn't playing.

I don't see Xavier getting hurt over not playing either. The TLT is just the clubs fulfilling their obligation to the NRL to name a side, that's all. As we've seen many times, what's named on Tuesday isn't always the team that runs out. I don't see this being a spur of the moment decision for Kevvie. He would have known what team he wanted to run out before the naming of the side and Willison would not have been kept in the dark about it.
Yeah not the right way to manage a youngster if you change your mind the next day. Especially the youngster that has struggled a lot through his early career with big injuries and he has come back looking exceptional, earned his spot fair and square and got dropped the next day. Not awesome from your coach in this context. I don’t think I have ever seen that happen, especially in this context. If he told Xavier it’s 50/50 and dropped him heaps closer to the game a bit better but if it’s 50/50 you let them down easy early on by naming them on the extended bench and promote the youngster later rather than give them false hope and rip that opportunity after thinking they had won it. I just don’t think there was enough/any uncertainty to roosters side that would change your mind by the next day really that’s the only way where you could sort of understand where Kev is coming from.

Otherwise he was just using X as a pawn which I don’t agree with regardless of whether X knew about it or not in this context. Anyway it’s an area we do not see eye to eye but I’m still not certain that he has actually been dropped yet. Very little would explain the nature of this situation getting dropped the next day and if he was using him as a pawn he has done an embarrassingly poor job and I can’t even see the angle of that mind game to begin with.

Only reason I can think for the Marty Willison switch 2 days after the team was named is they packed the wrong size jerseys on the plane and number 17 is too big for Marty.
If Kev is going experience he would have Oates next to Cobbo.
If it was trial form Marty would be in for Baker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • ostin86
  • marw
  • bb_gun
  • Fatboy
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bish
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
  • Old Mate
  • Galah
  • The Don
  • Broncosarethebest
  • PETERN
  • Big Del
  • BroncosAlways
  • Manofoneway
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Manlyman
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.