Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Oates > Radradra
he is a ****ing tank and yet people want him moved
**** no I say to that

Hear, hear! I think he will make an excellent backrower, eventually. For now he is an excellent winger and is putting in near man of the match performances from the wing. Is there something so wrong exactly with our existing backrow that we MUST move this guy who is killing it out on the left edge?

It would seem not to me...

No matter what, we do defence really well. The structures are excellent and the reads great not to mention the effective tackling. Great to watch and it won us the match for mine.

We got the 2 points and that's all that matters in round 1.

We defended very well. We dropped some ball, but I don't care about that if we won in round 1.

I watched the game on FOX and while it was nice to have Vossy, it was terrible to put up with Mark Gasnier chiming in. He really doesn't like the Broncos.

Chechin should be chechin seek.com.au after that performance. I can remember 3 terrible calls against us off the top of my head:

-Oates wasn't out when they called him out
-Corey Norman knocked on when he got injured, yet they didn't call it.
-On the play where we got penalised for tackling in the air, no Bronco touched him, his own player ran into him.

Plus some dodgy offside calls and some knock ons that were called strips. I usually blame the sport of Rugby League being hard to officiate more than the refs, but that wasn't good enough from Chechin.

As for the standouts, Gillett of course. Milf was good. Boyd was as solid at FB as he usually is. I thought Jordy was the best on the field until he got hurt. But what about Scorey Oates! He is going to be amazing. If he stays on the wing, he's in the top 5 tryscorers in the league this year.

A bit rusty, but a win is a win. Oates was superb, Parker and Gillett and McGuire were outstanding too.

Thought Eden had an absolute shocker though.

My bad, Roberts did say "I've" - what a douche thing to say...

On Roberts' footy.. he seems to operate best with depth and early ball. Something the Broncs don't really seem to give the centres regularly. But he'll improve, hopefully can link more through the middle with Milford/offloads.

But pretty sweet to get any sort of win, on the road, post WCC. And Maranta in for Eden.

Unfortunately one injury but got the W, and that is all that matters in rounds 1-10

My initial impressions of the game was the physicality of the performance. It wasn't a pretty game by any means, but for a Round 1 clash, both teams really went after one another and never gave up the ghost at any point. No Foran, no Norman - I thought the Eels pack showed plenty of heart and their boys scrapped and clawed for everything tonight. I know everyone is going to point to that 61% completion rate from Parramatta, but some of the plays they put together will crack plenty of sides so the defensive work from Brisbane was very pleasing.

I feel sorry for Greg Eden but would give him a shot next week before I put the line through him out-right. It couldn't have been easy making your debut away from Brisbane up against the best centre and winger pairing in the game and being expected to stand-out. While his work under the high ball was disappointing, the headline a lot of people are overlooking is that Parra's lethal right edge was kept silent on the scoreboard. Last year no other side scored more tries down that specific edge, and that was before Jennings to the fray, the Broncos kept them to nil.

Hopefully Jack Reed recovers in time to line up next Friday against the Warriors. Without Kahu and Maranta, the Broncos backline is beginning to look a little frail and I think they need that familiar set-up against the Warriors.

Brisbane didn't bring their A game, but the boys showed enough grit to get themselves home against a determined Eels outfit. A good first hit-out for the season and I'm glad the monkeys off their backs early.
How so, he wasn't playing against Kahu and Oates... :noidea:

Cobwebs out of the way, a solid even if scrappy win against a team that is going to trouble more than a few favourites, to get us on the way this season.

Hunt needs to improve a lot, because Milford was pretty much our only capable half this game, Eden needs to cut out the mistakes, but deserves another chance, especially with Kahu on the sidelines now, but Wallace is quickly getting to the point where I'd prefer anyone else there.

Most of the team performed at a typical Round 1 level, solid but a mistake here and there, nothing too flash, etc...
The exceptions were:
Oates, who should stay on the 3/4 for a few more years. His pace is unbelievable for a guy his size, and that grubber for Milf's try was just delicious.
Gillett was everywhere, not only in defense, rattling rib cages, mowing down legs, and as Morks said, hanging on to players by their shoelaces; but also in attack, running with purpose, getting through holes, making line breaks, creating second phase play with offloads as well as supporting it, and all of it should have been rewarded with a try!

You're never really expecting a quality game in the first game of the season but we defended very well and didn't give Parramatta a sniff during the game at all. Scratchy performance but that was to be expected in the first game. Parramatta really missed Foran they probably would've scored at some point after halftime if he was playing.

Gillett was awesome deserved the man of the match award did he even go of at all? I think he played the full game. Was easily the best on the field for mine came up with some great hits in defence and was a handful in attack. The only other contender was Oates who I thought was great on the wing loved his bust through the middle of the field in the first half.

Life can't be better we're leading the comp boys.

Hunt looked rusty and a little short of confidence, but people are overstating how bad he was, I believe because they assumed he would bolt out of the gate, make 6 line breaks, 5 try assists and score 3 himself in some kind of instant GF redemption.

His grubbers were fucking awful but that was about it. He had the same handling errors as most (except Eden obviously) and still did some nice stuff like laying on Kahus try and creating the space for Oates line break in the lead up to the first try - just off the top of my head.

Active Now

• The Don
  • LGH
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Wolfie
  • Big Del
  • Behold
  • Sproj
  • maddo
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrMoore
  • cento
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.