Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I can see missed conversations will cost us games this year... Corey is kicking at 38%.

Bomb. Bomb. Bomb. Bomb. Bomb. We never tried to grubber over the sideline to give our boys a breather. Never really tried to kick to find space. Our 5th tackle options kill us.

I see Milford becoming the more dominate half now. He's certainly running rings around Hunt at the moment. Hunt will be all good though. Just needs to clear his head and get back to what he's the best at. His running game. He'll come good.

All round I'm very dissapointed with the loss. But not worried. As many have said, it's the loss we needed to have. We'll come back bigger, faster and stronger next week vs the Cows.

Far out everyone one on this sight expects to win every game. Don't kid yourselves.. Weren't not gonna go 24-0 it'll never happen. It was a beautiful first half second half was just momentum and the crowd dictating terms with the refs. I have no idea why offa didn't go on because literally the whole team was so tired! I reckon Waybe Bennett had a bad coaching day today.

Well that was puss. That is what I was talking about when I said we weren't going that well. Lack of respect for the opposition and very wasteful with the try scoring opportunities we had in the first half. The less said about the second half the better. On that form we are going to get our arse handed to us next weekend.

You and me both. Fucking awful in both game management and ball handling. We didn't need this loss now, we needed it in round 1.

I rewound it and had a look straight after, he was about a metre off-side, maybe less, it was line ball.

"He was 5 metres off-side" - Andrew Voss
Mate he was a mile offside

I rewound it and had a look straight after, he was about a metre off-side, maybe less, it was line ball.

"He was 5 metres off-side" - Andrew Voss

Get the blinkers off, he was every bit of 5m in front I'm sorry to say

The Panthers came to play and played to win. They were fast, determined, offloaded at will, supported the ball and defended strongly. Their energy and power made us look lame. We had no answer to their power game in the 2nd half, and there's a number of players in this side who need to wake up real fast. I was also really disappointed in Hunt.

If anything, this game showed quite clearly how constant offloading screws up defensive structures. We really need to wrap up the ball in tackles.

Our second halfs are always very average (the grand final being exhibit A). Even in wins we seem to limp our way to full time. We generally defend well in the back half of our games, but our attack nearly always clocks off.
We saw tonight what happens when our defence has an off night- we have no points in us to compensate.

Last edited:
How embarrassing. Complacency is a funny thing. All week everyone saying how we would towel them up. This is very reminiscent of the Panthers game from years ago when Wallace kicked a field goal to beat us. Hmmm

It looked to me that we lacked a little size on the field. They seemed bigger, stronger and more determined. Hunt is abysmal and needs something( I have no suggestions because I don't know what ails him ) Fortunately we have a coach who has seen all this before and will know what's required. The first half of the season is about positioning and conditioning.....

Still think we need a big body off the bench who can make an impact. Corey actually looked his age for the first time ever, hopefully its a one off for him. I have this nagging feeling he might start to show it as the season goes on just like Hodgo last season.

Hunt is not at the races at all. He is lucky we dont really have that many other real options. If Reed is out, Kahu to left center and Opacic or Seve to right wing?

Last edited:
How much did we miss Oates... Full credit to Eden, he played immeasurably better than his debut, but he doesn't have the punch Corey2.0 has bringing the ball back...

It looked to me that we lacked a little size on the field. They seemed bigger, stronger and more determined. Hunt is abysmal and needs something( I have no suggestions because I don't know what ails him ) Fortunately we have a coach who has seen all this before and will know what's required. The first half of the season is about positioning and conditioning.....

Yep I do know what but Peachy shrugged him off twice. That's not the Hunt I remember. The Hunt I remember strips the ball off Tony Williams (Bulldogs).

If Reed is out we'll see Kahu at left centre and Maranta returning to his right wing.

And honestly, if Wayne isn't going to use Ofahengaue we should swap him out for a Molo or Ese'ese type impact player, let Joe play 60 minutes in Queensland Cup, he'll be a much better player next season for the experience.

Some points
- Vossy really doesn't like the Broncos
- Matt Gillett would be the last player I'd run at this year. Every tackle he makes looks like it would hurt.
- Panthers fans really need to shut the **** up at games. Their incessant booing is irritating. At least it wins them a couple of penalties I guess.
- Bryce Cartwright might be one of the most overrated players in the comp. RCG is wayyy better than Klemmer.
- Josh McGuire was everywhere tonight.
- why is it that when Rabs and Gus talk about something not rugby league related, shit hits the fan. But when Vossy does it it's ok?
- who said the Broncos have been boring since Bennett has returned? Our highlight reel was one of the best and we had 5 tries that could have made the top ten last year.
- The Panthers ran behind their own players a lot.
- Michael Gillette?
- we have some really shitty fans sometimes.
- Kodi Nikorima got far too many minutes. Macca was really good when he was on.
- maybe a loss we needed. Hopefully the hype dies down a bit and everyone can say the Tigers are premiership favourites or some shit.

Active Now

• Evander
  • Jazza
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Dazza 92
  • Sproj
  • The True King
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • bb_gun
  • Culhwch
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  • thenry
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.