Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

A win is a win I guesse , but TBH I was very disappointed with our attack when we were attacking their line. Milford was right off his game and there was no combination with Hunt. Our passing was poor and purposeful line running was nonexistent . All in all, pretty much the exact opposite of the Melbourne Storm attack, who IMO seem to be the front runners this year.

A few good signs in the forwards though. Sims is getting better every week. And our big Polynesian forwards are all pretty impressive. However Sam Thaiday has been a bit below par the last couple of weeks.

Does anyone else think Maccas service from dummy half needs improvement? A lot of his passes just seem a bit wobbly to me which are not helping our halves. Perhaps a role there for Benji?

I missed it and so did numerous others so can see how it didn't get a mention live. I'm actually very impressed with the MRC for spotting it and sanctioning it.
Same. I don't think it was send off worthy by today's standards, nor do I think it was a penalty try. I do think he probably would have scored though, given he successfully fended off Wighton in the same motion.

Still not convinced about bringing in Nikorima tbh. Never got the hype with him. Glenn has been pretty solid if unspectacular, but he has copped a few head knocks. If he doesnt step up a bit in a few weeks he might need a spell out.

I have no interest in starting up this discussion again because you're never going to convince me that even though Milford has gained 11 kg since leaving Canberra it isn't causing his poor form, in fact it's only because he's Samoan. Apparently you've somehow convinced yourself that it's not possible to be fit and Samoan at the same time.. Despite him being far healthier, faster and leaner 2 years ago..

Also, I never blamed the Broncos attack solely on Milford being fat, that's something that you've just thrown in to your argument to try and strengthen it, as many people seem to do on this forum when they're struggling to retort.

The rock is pretty fit, and he is samoan :biggrin:

The rock is pretty fit, and he is samoan :biggrin:

I still don't think Port was being serious when he was implying that Samoan's are inherently "fat", I'm pretty sure he was referencing Pulp Fiction.

Pretty happy with that performance, what a bastard of a draw, and it doesn't get any easier over the next couple of weeks.
MILF's defence is shithouse down the left edge, when the raiders got desperate they went right and we looked pretty vulnerable.
When the roosters get hold of us in 2 weeks they will exploit that big time.
The side is reminding me of 2015, I think we are better than we were then, well, we are defiantly better in the forwards.
The backs are missing Kevie. If he was involved we'd give this competition a big shake. Still might.

Does anyone else think Maccas service from dummy half needs improvement? A lot of his passes just seem a bit wobbly to me which are not helping our halves. Perhaps a role there for Benji?

People are still going on with this? Seriously what else does the bloke have to do? Do we really want him making only 30 tackles a game for his service quality to maybe improve in the eyes of some?

Would his service be quicker/better if he didn't tackle as much? One would assume yes, but he's our middle defender. We saw what happened last year when his mountain of work was missing. I'm happy for his 'slow/bad' service to continue so long as our defence holds.

People are still going on with this? Seriously what else does the bloke have to do? Do we really want him making only 30 tackles a game for his service quality to maybe improve in the eyes of some?

Would his service be quicker/better if he didn't tackle as much? One would assume yes, but he's our middle defender. We saw what happened last year when his mountain of work was missing. I'm happy for his 'slow/bad' service to continue so long as our defence holds.
What happened last year when he was missing?

The Macca slow/bad service thing isn't real.
I'm not going to go on about his flaws, but I have been impressed with Macca so far this year, he's taken smart runs form dummy half when there's gaps, he's taking more responsibility with the kicking, so far so good. If he keeps up, I won't have much to whinge about.

We were considerably weaker defensively in the middle third.
And nothing changed when he came back. You can't use that argument when we just as shit when he returned. We were in a form slump, nothing to do with Macca.

And nothing changed when he came back. You can't use that argument when we just as shit when he returned. We were in a form slump, nothing to do with Macca.

When did that form slump start? After he was injured.

As I said, we looked better in attack when he was back, but by that time we were down on confidence.

Agree to disagree, I think that's a cop out. He's a good defender, but he's not the difference between us doing alright and getting flogged.

Re Macca. I am not disputing that he is not an excellent contributor for the team. As for his dummy half play , at least he is there in position at nearly every play the ball , which is no mean feat.

I would just like to see a bit more crispness and accuracy with his passing if that is possible. If his workload precludes this then maybe he needs a rest during the game and thats where either Niki or Benji could come in.

I don't think it's his service that's the issue, rather the lack of initiative and creativity around the ruck. The Broncos are fairly predictable around the ruck and generally rely on second phase or lightening quick play the balls to create anything.

With that said, I was pleased with McCullough's initiative on Friday night and hope that it's a sign of things to come. While his execution was sloppy, the attitude was there and I wasn't surprised to see him burst through for the first try.

I also think it's a credit to him that he thoroughly outplayed Hodgson when Josh was on the field. He's rated by many as the form dummy half of the competition and he was made to look second rate in comparison.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.