Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Broncos were sort of like the batsman that doesn't want to get out, they just didn't want to lose last night. They didn't try too much they just got through.

They're playing with more width and getting outside those A and B defenders. I like that. They're straightening up the attack too much better and not going side line to side line.

I don't think the Raiders played particularly smart, the Broncos defence could have been exploited a few times in the middle by going back or attacking the left hand side.

Bench is really strong for the Broncos which is not what I thought would be a strength this season. They're keeping the momentum going and in defence they're moving well and making second and third efforts. Herman chased across twice last night.

I think these are very good observations. The point about width and getting outside "those A and B defenders" I like too yet it's not going the next step that gets me, which is the lack of depth and (more than 1) support runners on either side of the ball carrier AND who are playing with some kind of plan in mind.

As well, as the Raiders discovered, and as Matthew Elliott pointed out on the Breakdown on nrl.com, we tend to leave somewhat wide gaps in the middle which a smart team will exploit. The Raiders scored that way up the middle. Fortunately for us, they are not a smart team.

Whitehead Grade 2 tripping charge.

Will miss next week.

Whitehead Grade 2 tripping charge.

Will miss next week.

So that was a trip? I thought it was an ankle tap with his hand. Is that the one that stopped Milford from taking off, the same one that people are bitching about because he didn't pin the ears back?

So that was a trip? I thought it was an ankle tap with his hand. Is that the one that stopped Milford from taking off, the same one that people are bitching about because he didn't pin the ears back?
Was it the one where he side stepped 15 times before deciding to run? I missed the trip

It was in the 56th minute when Glenn came close to scoring.

It was actually the reason why Glenn fell over short of the line.

I missed it initially until I saw the charge sheet and checked it again.

Just watched the replay of the trip. Can see why it was missed live but it was a blatant trip and deserves a week. Raiders fans will be extra salty note.

Ugly.

That should be a send off, but the game is officiated in such a way that players are encouraged to take these dangerous risks.

Last edited:
Some things I seen in the game.

1. Ben Hunt is getting better and is building.

2.Ese,Ese and TPJ are absolutely killing it and really adding that punch.

3. Our backline plays are fucking terrible out of timing. We need a lot more work, but I believe in time attack will come.

4. Our defence is fantastic and if we carry it the whole we will deep into the finals.

5. Our team is definitely building just need a little bit of time.

6. Glenn needs to go for Niko we need that impact he gives and Glenn adds none. We don't need that experience like everyone is saying when we have Ese,Ese and TPJ playing the way they are.

Us as supporters need to show patience and show a lot of support.

Around 59:12, Whitehead leads in with his left boot and clips Glenn.

So, potentially a penalty try plus a send-off?

So, potentially a penalty try plus a send-off?

I can't say penalty try because Glenn wasn't guaranteed to score.

But it sure as shit should have been a professional foul.

Our players have been tripped numerous times and the refs have missed it.

I missed it and so did numerous others so can see how it didn't get a mention live. I'm actually very impressed with the MRC for spotting it and sanctioning it.

Around 59:12, Whitehead leads in with his left boot and clips Glenn.

True, guess you need to be Lockyer, Thurston or Johns or whatever to notice it live with the camera change happening at the same time.

Active Now

• Gympie devil
  • Jedhead
  • Dash
  • MrMoore
  • Dee
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Manofoneway
  • john1420
  • Sproj
  • Cavalo
  • Browny
  • Skyblues87
  • Fatboy
  • Ozired
  • Mustafur
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.