POST GAME [Round 7, 2024] Broncos vs Raiders

At some point i think we need to spread our cap out a bit more on players who arent spine players. As @Renegade just said, something will have to give like it is at Penrith.
Yeah, as long as it only gives after we have won 3 comps in a row.

They have lost a lot of talent the last few years and have come through it pretty well. Lets see how they finish this year before we put the nail in their coffin. They definitely seem to have come back to the pack a bit more this year, but are also dealing with a few injuries.

Losses -
Api
Burton
Tamou
Capewell
Hopgood
Kikau

This Year -
Crighton
Cogger
Leniu

JFH next year.

If we can win a comp with Haas, Walsh, Maam, Reyno all on decent money, then it'll be worth it.

I wish we were able to get Hosking back for this year, I wonder if we tried.

Yeah, as long as it only gives after we have won 3 comps in a row.

They have lost a lot of talent the last few years and have come through it pretty well. Lets see how they finish this year before we put the nail in their coffin. They definitely seem to have come back to the pack a bit more this year, but are also dealing with a few injuries.

Losses -
Api
Burton
Tamou
Capewell
Hopgood
Kikau

This Year -
Crighton
Cogger
Leniu

JFH next year.

If we can win a comp with Haas, Walsh, Maam, Reyno all on decent money, then it'll be worth it.

I wish we were able to get Hosking back for this year, I wonder if we tried.

We did try according to reports but even so, he might be gone for the season anyway.

Controversial opinion coming up. Lets see how Willison and Te Kura progress this year and into next, and if they are looking the goods over a longer period of time, let Payno walk at the end of 2026 and invest in those 2 instead. As good as Payne can be, i feel that gives our pack better balance with our cap.
maybe he sees the benefit of taking unders to keep the squad together now he has his big pay day

I just want to shout out to Corey Jensen. flying massively under the radar for his performance tonight.

18 runs for 198m and 26 tackles with 0 misses
Yep for sure he had a few unusual errors last night but his carries were better than I have ever seen them.

maybe he sees the benefit of taking unders to keep the squad together now he has his big pay day

I doubt it tbh. He could have signed on similar money to Carrigan if he really wanted and let some others get a bit more. Not that i blame him for this either, but i think he and his management are all about themselves getting as much as they can, not thinking of whats best for the team in financial terms.

I doubt it tbh. He could have signed on similar money to Carrigan if he really wanted and let some others get a bit more. Not that i blame him for this either, but i think he and his management are all about themselves getting as much as they can, not thinking of whats best for the team in financial terms.
probably could have but i think he has a few more ppl counting on his support than carrigan has so was always less likely to take less money,now he has his big pay day be nice to see him take less if we are humming along nicely at that time

probably could have but i think he has a few more ppl counting on his support than carrigan has so was always less likely to take less money,now he has his big pay day be nice to see him take less if we are humming along nicely at that time

He does have people relying on him, but i still think he and his team are only out for as much as they can get. I dont think they give a shit really if it has an effect on the Broncos keeping other players.

He does have people relying on him, but i still think he and his team are only out for as much as they can get. I dont think they give a shit really if it has an effect on the Broncos keeping other players.
id be curious to know the high end of offers around for him at the time of his last contract

id be curious to know the high end of offers around for him at the time of his last contract

I'd be guessing, but i reckon he wasnt getting what he needed to leave the Broncos. I do think he had higher offers than ours, but the upheaval in his life at that moment in time probably wasnt worth it to him.

Big fan of willison and tekura so far but I think people are forgetting just how good payne haas is.

This is a bloke who has won 5 poty in a row at our club... in 6 years of first grade with the 1st year injury effected. His 1st poty was when he was 2 years younger then willison is now. He's a generational player.

Having said that... I do think we could keep any 2/3 of haas, Te kura and willison and still be premiership contenders if the latter 2 continue their development. I also think if it's a choice between them 2 or just haas, we go them 2, again if they continue the same trajectory they have been.

So whilst I agree it should and could be an option, there's SHITLOADS of development and consistency to go until they decrease haas' worth to our team.

I expected us to get over the loss of farnworth, paliasia and flegler by the end of the season but seriously 2 or 3 more games from jensen, cobbo and willison like they have, with continued development of te kura we will actually be a stronger team by mid year. Insane and the credit has to go to the coaching staff as much as the talent itself.

Active Now

• Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Johnny92
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Wolfie
  • Rambstien
  • MrRobot
  • Manifesto
  • Browny
  • KateBroncos1812
  • kiwi2
  • marw
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.