Should the Broncos renew Hunt's contract

Should the Broncos release Ben Hunt?

• Total voters
Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Yep, there's not many halfbacks better than him. Give him whatever he wants.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Can someone please get this thread to someone who can show Wayne how a computer works?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
There is no 'anti Hunt' brigade. There are simply those who say he needs to improve, and those who can't bring themselves to think such a thing.

There isn't a single person sticking up for Hunt that says he doesn't need to improve. They know his kicking needs improvement, they know his game management needs improvement.

It's difficult to take comments such as yours seriously, to be honest. You're exaggerating. Making false statements. It's been said multiple times from the people sticking up for Hunt that he does have areas where he needs to improve. I would suggest you take some time reading through all of the threads and posts before making such statements. Because it's simply not true in the slightest.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Sorry, That was in Afrikaans
I agree Ben Hunt needs to improve, but we need to look at the positive for now and understand that he has a great halfback at the moment, and with a little bit of improvement he could become the world's best in his position

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
There isn't a single person sticking up for Hunt that says he doesn't need to improve. They know his kicking needs improvement, they know his game management needs improvement.

It's difficult to take comments such as yours seriously, to be honest. You're exaggerating. Making false statements. It's been said multiple times from the people sticking up for Hunt that he does have areas where he needs to improve. I would suggest you take some time reading through all of the threads and posts before making such statements. Because it's simply not true in the slightest.
Precisely this. Hunt is going fine. He's not perfect... yes, his kicking game could improve. But I'm not throwing him under the bus like a lot of other posters have in the past saying he'll "never win us a premiership" what a load of crap!

We were seconds away from winning a GF once before with the same halves pairing. To say it's impossible because our halves are too similar in playing style and hunt has no game management to close games out is ridiculous. Granted that game he didn't play his best game, but neither did Cronk last year in his GF.

And having the "right halfback" is the most important thing we need to do to get a premiership is ridiculous too. Otherwise one team would win every year if all it took was "the right halfback". There's absolutely nothing wrong with our halves or even our backs. Our issue now is our front row! If these younger players don't step up this year, no half will be able to score the points required to win enough games to make top 4. Period

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016

I read through all the comments in a thread before I contribute mate.

I asked Mitchy boy if Hunt needs to improve. No answer. Some of the Ben Hunt Boys will simply go quiet when asked this question, on this forum and on others. Some respond, and are reasonable and admit he needs to improve. Others don't. My experience on this forum so far is blanket statements from people that pretend to be reasonable. Generalisations. I don't care if you take my comments seriously or not.

If you are a reasonable person (that can take their own advice) you might look back over the discussion (and others as well) to find that most criticism of Ben (in the thread debating/discussing whether we ought to keep him long term or not) is met with excuses, such as his kicking isn't as good as it should be because of forwards, or chasers, or Milf this and that and so on. Simply accept that some people aren't willing to stick with him for the next four years if he can't/won't improve.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I read through all the comments in a thread before I contribute mate.

I asked Mitchy boy if Hunt needs to improve. No answer. Some of the Ben Hunt Boys will simply go quiet when asked this question, on this forum and on others. Some respond, and are reasonable and admit he needs to improve. Others don't. My experience on this forum so far is blanket statements from people that pretend to be reasonable. Generalisations. I don't care if you take my comments seriously or not.

If you are a reasonable person (that can take their own advice) you might look back over the discussion (and others as well) to find that most criticism of Ben (in the thread debating/discussing whether we ought to keep him long term or not) is met with excuses, such as his kicking isn't as good as it should be because of forwards, or chasers, or Milf this and that and so on. Simply accept that some people aren't willing to stick with him for the next four years if he can't/won't improve.

This isn't the only Hunt thread.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Precisely this. Hunt is going fine. He's not perfect... yes, his kicking game could improve. But I'm not throwing him under the bus like a lot of other posters have in the past saying he'll "never win us a premiership" what a load of crap!

We were seconds away from winning a GF once before with the same halves pairing. To say it's impossible because our halves are too similar in playing style and hunt has no game management to close games out is ridiculous. Granted that game he didn't play his best game, but neither did Cronk last year in his GF.

And having the "right halfback" is the most important thing we need to do to get a premiership is ridiculous too. Otherwise one team would win every year if all it took was "the right halfback". There's absolutely nothing wrong with our halves or even our backs. Our issue now is our front row! If these younger players don't step up this year, no half will be able to score the points required to win enough games to make top 4. Period

Some fans don't want him there. That is their opinion. The generalising comments by some of you are disgusting. Completely misrepresent others arguments and ideas to suit your little 'wah me and mine are being attacked' agenda.

Hunt was not up to par last year. Reasonable statement?

He needs to be better this year FOR US TO BE A CHANCE? Reasonable statement?

The whole team, forwards and backs and bench, need to better for us to be a chance. Reasonable statement?

Hunt is unfairly dumped upon for bad Broncos form. Reasonable statement?

Hunt dropped the ball which gifted the Cowboys the trophy, therefore the resentment some fans feel is somewhat warranted, no need to go to the usual line - we wouldn't have been there at all if not for Hunt. True. In their minds, Hunt needs to make amends. And he didn't do that in '16. He obviously did not recover mentally from it. I guarantee you, every single Broncos fan wants him to lead, yes, LEAD (as a half back ought to) to another GF.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
I believe this argument is pointless. Ben Hunt is the best option we have at the moment. So people who want to get rid of Hunt, will just have to put up with him

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
I believe this argument is pointless. Ben Hunt is the best option we have at the moment. So people who want to get rid of Hunt, will just have to put up with him

And Ben is an amazing player, at his best, I believe, competitive with Thurston and Cronk, and at times, better than them. But if he is broken from '15, what then? Because last year wasn't good enough in my book. From the whole team of course, but this is the Ben Hunt thread. Ben needs to fix the problems he has had in his game for years, or he won't be here long term. This isn't the Milford What If thread.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
tumblr_m5gitqoDt51qg2i3bo1_500.gif

Active Now

• Midean
  • GCBRONCO
  • theshed
  • Johnny92
  • The Don
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  • Tim K
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.