May 5, 2016
tumblr_m5gitqoDt51qg2i3bo1_500.gif

Ever fucked on one of those? Good fun.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Yes because that will get in his way, won't it?

It's a fucking discussion forum.
My opinion is to not get rid of Hunt so by making people shut up my argument will be superior

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
My opinion is to not get rid of Hunt so by making people shut up my argument will be superior

How does one make people shut up, exactly? It's all a matter of opinion sir. Superior is a relative term, especially to keyboard warriors.

I'll support Hunt the way I support anyone in a Broncos jersey, by paying my fucking money to watch him play.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Let's keep this on topic. Thanks.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
He was poor in 2016. Stats don't tell the full story - it's decision making. The point is how long does Hunt get? Does he get 4 years because there is no-one better (in your mind) or do you take a chance on someone else if Hunt does not improve? Who knows who might explode this year and be a top Half by the end of the season. The point is, and I'm sure we can all agree, Hunt needs to improve and be consistent. Fix up the bad decisions he had made for three years on the trot as our play maker. As I said before, contracts aren't everything. Since this thread is about Hunt, we won't bother with the usual 'foward pack needs to do this or that' stuff that apologists use to not acknowledge that Hunt should be a much better kicker by now.

And of course, Milford needs to improve, and will. But obviously Milf needs a better decision making half with him to improve and learn to be the number one guy. The MilfHunter combo in 2015 was stunning. more of that please.

Stats. Lol honestly is there anything more ridiculous than the way people use them?

The stats support your argument? then they don't lie.

If the stats don't support your argument? Well the stats don't tell the whole story...

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I think people would be still very angry with Hunt if he had the highest amount of forced repeat sets but a shit number of try assists

I don't know why more people can't see this, it's cherry picking to suit arguments. If Hunt was at the top for repeat sets but down on try assists it would be "who gives a **** about repeat sets, we need tries".

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Stats. Lol honestly is there anything more ridiculous than the way people use them?

The stats support your argument? then they don't lie.

If the stats don't support your argument? Well the stats don't tell the whole story...

Another butthurt BHB. Can we get the stats for Ben's kicks, please?

Or his fourth or fifth tackle passing options?

Stories have layers, mate.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
This is the issue people have...

Ben Hunt may not be the superstar halfback, but you can't just get rid of him with the promise that some fresh face could fill-in no worries.

A stronger alternative needs to be made.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Another butthurt BHB. Can we get the stats for Ben's kicks, please?

Or his fourth or fifth tackle passing options?

Stories have layers, mate.
Get them yourself! If you don't know what the stat is, it's completely subjective interpretation

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
And Ben is an amazing player, at his best, I believe, competitive with Thurston and Cronk, and at times, better than them. But if he is broken from '15, what then? Because last year wasn't good enough in my book. From the whole team of course, but this is the Ben Hunt thread. Ben needs to fix the problems he has had in his game for years, or he won't be here long term. This isn't the Milford What If thread.

So you want to get rid of him because he MIGHT not improve? He MIGHT not be as good as in 2015?

Oh no, what if Milford doesn't improve? Get rid of him now just to be safe. But **** if they guys we replace them with don't improve what then? **** it, I'm a firm believer the Broncos just fold before the season starts, the risk is just too great.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
So you want to get rid of him because he MIGHT not improve? He MIGHT not be as good as in 2015?

Oh no, what if Milford doesn't improve? Get rid of him now just to be safe. But **** if they guys we replace them with don't improve what then? **** it, I'm a firm believer the Broncos just fold before the season starts, the risk is just too great.

Did I say I want to get rid of him? Please, can some of you butthurt ben hunt fanboys actually fucking READ what I've posted? If Hunt stays at 2016 level (that means not as good as the year before) he can **** off, the Broncos are about GETTING BETTER.

Ben is the best we have FOR NOW. If he cannot improve his game, we will find someone else that HAS THAT FUCKING ABILITY.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Get them yourself! If you don't know what the stat is, it's completely subjective interpretation

I watched every game last year, and Hunt's kicking was disgusting. He had high try assists...okay, seven or eight more than Milford. Well done. How many times did Hunt's bullshit swing the game away from us? Is that a statistic I can look up?

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
This is the issue people have...

Ben Hunt may not be the superstar halfback, but you can't just get rid of him with the promise that some fresh face could fill-in no worries.

A stronger alternative needs to be made.

Dude, as I said, that is the issue. Is anyone comfortable locking in Hunt until 2020? Are you? What if, what if, what if - any way you slice it.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.