OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
God help Allan if he does come back and isn't a world beater from day one...

No one has come to the broncos and been a world beater, maybe only dare I say - 2015 Anthony Milford? Home grown talent is where the success stories lie for the broncos.

God help Allan if he does come back and isn't a world beater from day one...

He wont be and i dont think its fair to expect him to be either, but i think some people have got a bit carried away with his performances. He's always had a lot of potential, and he probably needs games now in the NRL at fullback to develop. He was no more than solid mostly with a few flashes of brilliance for Souths. Thats probably the best we can get right now as there arent any decent fullbacks on the market. A lot of players we recruit i think are going to be works in progress.

I still think if people were critical of Darius not putting his body on the line they are going to have the same issues with Allan going off what we witnessed from him at Souths.

Last edited:
He wont be and i dont think its fair to expect him to be either, but i think some people have got a bit carried away with his performances. He's always had a lot of potential, and he probably needs games now in the NRL at fullback to develop. He was no more than solid mostly with a few flashes of brilliance for Souths. Thats probably the best we can get right now as there arent any decent fullbacks on the market. A lot of players we recruit i think are going to be works in progress.

I still think if people were critical of Darius not putting his body on the line they are going to have the same issues with Allan going off what we witnessed from him at Souths.

This is why I want him back anyway because he is one of our kids, has always shown potential and those flashes of brilliance are far more than any of our options going into next season have shown. He won't be on a huge salary and he loves the Broncos. He will need time but he will come good. He support plays beautifully, he is a bigger body, calm under pressure and has a beautiful pass in him. I just have a massive hunch he could work beautifully in tandem with Dearden and since we are stuck with Milf, make the most of it and use him in a similar way to Walker. There is a lot to like about him coming home but yes, people must not expect him to be a world beater from day 1, if ever. He will more than fill a current gaping hole though.

This is why I want him back anyway because he is one of our kids, has always shown potential and those flashes of brilliance are far more than any of our options going into next season have shown. He won't be on a huge salary and he loves the Broncos. He will need time but he will come good. He support plays beautifully, he is a bigger body, calm under pressure and has a beautiful pass in him. I just have a massive hunch he could work beautifully in tandem with Dearden and since we are stuck with Milf, make the most of it and use him in a similar way to Walker. There is a lot to like about him coming home but yes, people must not expect him to be a world beater from day 1, if ever. He will more than fill a current gaping hole though.

We could do with a full back for a year like Michael Gordon when he went to the Titans. We are badly in need of just some solid NRL players to steady the ship for 12 months or so to let us take stock and get back on the right path. Problem we have is there isnt much out there. Probably get a lot of negative comments for this one ( probably from people who havent seen him play at fullback ) even though he was fairly ordinary for Penrith playing center, is Zak Hardaker from Wigan. Looks very comfortable at fullback. Probably be too expensive for us. Sam Tomkins too has been playing some great footy again.

I do think Souths had a mind to move Allen on anyway. Obviously they are well aware of his desire for playing with the 1 on his back.

If the Sualli kid had signed with them there is a logjam in their backline and as they re-signed AJ as insurance it makes me think they are aware someone had to go.

We should definately be making Corey aware of our interest. The type of contract though is key; if he thinks he should get elite money he can do one...

But in terms of ceiling, age, personality and of course previous with the club, he can certainly become our long term fullback i feel. He is just now brekaing out into the player he can be and id very much enjoy watching him in his prime with us...

We could do with a full back for a year like Michael Gordon when he went to the Titans. We are badly in need of just some solid NRL players to steady the ship for 12 months or so to let us take stock and get back on the right path. Problem we have is there isnt much out there. Probably get a lot of negative comments for this one ( probably from people who havent seen him play at fullback ) even though he was fairly ordinary for Penrith playing center, is Zak Hardaker from Wigan. Looks very comfortable at fullback. Probably be too expensive for us. Sam Tomkins too has been playing some great footy again.
Tomkins wouldn't cut it in the NRL anymore and Hardaker is a flight risk. What about Bevan French?

Bulldogs apparently the favourites. possibly offering up Reimis Smith in exchange
The rabbits will find room possibly....the jet looks like being punted ...again

The rabbits will find room possibly....the jet looks like being punted ...again

the Storm won't release the Fox without a replacement ... and the Jet would certainly NOT meet Bellamy's standards

Tomkins wouldn't cut it in the NRL anymore and Hardaker is a flight risk. What about Bevan French?

Tomkins has been really good for Catalans. I dont really know why you think he wouldnt cut it. Still dont think he was that bad for a very erratic Warriors side. Dont know if i have missed something with Hardaker, but that makes him a flight risk? I know he had that drink driving offence, but i cant think of much else.

In terms of superleague fullbacks, i like Evalds and Walker ( who looks an excellent prospect ) but neither i dont think are the type of fullback you could just throw into an NRL team.

French has been good, but i'm just not convinced he would be as effective at fullback for us as he is for Wigan when he plays there. With how open the game is in the UK he can exploit a lot of spaces with his pace. I dont think you get the same type of open play in the NRL.

Man.. Bevan French has really developed. He’s got the 6 on his back here too.. No wonder I heard rumours he could be coming back to NRL.

Tomkins has been really good for Catalans. I dont really know why you think he wouldnt cut it. Still dont think he was that bad for a very erratic Warriors side. Dont know if i have missed something with Hardaker, but that makes him a flight risk? I know he had that drink driving offence, but i cant think of much else.

In terms of superleague fullbacks, i like Evalds and Walker ( who looks an excellent prospect ) but neither i dont think are the type of fullback you could just throw into an NRL team.

French has been good, but i'm just not convinced he would be as effective at fullback for us as he is for Wigan when he plays there. With how open the game is in the UK he can exploit a lot of spaces with his pace. I dont think you get the same type of open play in the NRL.

You’re right that French is probably not the right option for us. I’d rather give the Kangaroo catcher a shot.

You’re right that French is probably not the right option for us. I’d rather give the Kangaroo catcher a shot.

I think his time has gone really. Love watching him play, but as @1910 referred to, he just doesnt train and apply himself enough.

Man.. Bevan French has really developed. He’s got the 6 on his back here too.. No wonder I heard rumours he could be coming back to NRL.

You're not going to see defence like this often in the NRL. Unless it's the 2020 Broncos.
I'd still take him over all the options the Broncs have now though.

Last edited:

numbers don't mean a great deal in the super league ... since you can pretty much pick your own. he was clearly at fullback in that clip.

and @Alec is right ... he won't be playing against defence that poor in the NRL

You're not going to see defence like this often in the NRL. Unless it's the 2020 Broncos.
I'd still take him over all the options the Broncs have now though.

The Devils had a few players missing as well and i think they were playing with a bit of a hangover from their challenge cup defeat to the Rhinos. Wigan when they put it all together are the best side in super league imo.

numbers don't mean a great deal in the super league ... since you can pretty much pick your own. he was clearly at fullback in that clip.

and @Alec is right ... he won't be playing against defence that poor in the NRL

The numbers dont, he was at fullback. Felt a bit sorry for Salford. They had a lot go against them before the game, then lost their fullback in the game, moved their 6 to fullback and their hooker to 6. They just couldnt find a way into the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Tmac
  • Xzei
  • Painin the Haas
  • marw
  • Spoon
  • Shane Tronc
  • Tim K
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Behind enemy lines
  • IceWorks
  • mitch222
  • Skathen
  • Rambstien
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrRobot
  • GCBRONCO
  • phoenix
  • Fitzy
  • Rowdy124
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.